Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Travel Rewards

tag
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

Bank of America Travel Rewards

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has this card or experience with this card? I was thinking about getting it for the $200 travel credit as I may want to go traveling durning the summer and it looks appealing as there is no annual fee, so I wouldn't have to worry about , fees, or anything like that. The next question I have is I do have a lot of inquiries these past two years around 11 or so. How likely am I going to be approved for this card? I have no baddies, and 3% utilization across the board, and 102k in credit. Score is 709 when I received my score from Cap1 when applying for their Premier Dining card.

Any insight is appreicated!!!!

Much thanks!!!!

My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America Travel Rewards

Yes I have the card. The $200 bonus can only be applied towards travel related expenses, the good things is BOA is very relaxed in what counts towards "travel".

With your scores and income I would say Approval with a 7.5k SL.

BOA isn't scared of Inquiries like some creditors can be.
Message 2 of 7
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

I meant to say that 103k was my CLs. Sorry!

I make a lot less than that. My salary was 24k last year not including income from family which is to pay household bills when I use my cards as we live under one roof.

I applied ealier and was denied. System said I'd get a letter. I guessing too many INQs and new accounts? How is BoA with recons? Is it possible to move lines to open the card?

I want it to be Visa sig for the benefits and the 1.5% cash. I'm wondering if worst comes to worst, if they'll let me use $4k from BBRs and 1k from Cash 123.

Thanks for the reply Matt4200!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!

Message 4 of 7
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

Musiclover,

Thanks!!! I couldn't call today as it's Sunday. I'll recon it tomorrow.
Message 5 of 7
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Good card to have it, no annual fee, no foreign transaction fees.  Even better if you are a Bank  of America Premier customer, where you get up to 75% more bonus.  With the 2% reward, you can get up to 3.5% the reward rate. Very good.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America Travel Rewards- Pending-Recon-Approved

Hi all,

I am brand new to posting in this forum, but I have been reading the wealth of great information and advice for about 4 months( and following it). I wanted to share my latest experience in applying for this card, after reading the forums on this card I applied on Sunday 7/30 and received the message " your application is under review...and gave me a website link and ref # to check status". I called this Recon number (866-618-4585) this morning 7/31, it was answered by a nice Rep who identified herself as a credit analyst. I told her about the "pending message" I recieved and she kindly transferred me to right department that handles new applications. This rep was nice as well and pulled up my application she said " well it looks like its approved, I just have a few questions to get it finalized" She asked if I had recently applied for several credit cards in a short period of time, I said "yes I have" she then said "okay I am asking because we want to make sure there is no fraudulent activity, because you have 11 hard pulls on your report" She put me on a very brief hold and returned to tell me that my card was approved for 7K and should be receiving it in 7-10 days" I checked the online status after hanging up and it said "congratulations you have been approved" I received an email shortly after with the same information. So thanks for all the information.

It's worthy to note that they hard pulled Experian, my score is 734, with 11 inquiries- (10 new accounts within 4 months). This is my first card with Bank of America and my last credit application for at least a year. Now off to the garden to grow some credit line increases. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.