Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America cli request failure

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Bank of America cli request failure

Hi everyone! I decided to post this as i guess its good to share our failures and successes, call it therapeutic what have youSmiley Wink. Also if i can help just one person who is in my shoes or whose profile is similar, ill be glad that some good can be had.

Well i think i let my previous two cli attempts get to my head and thought third time would be the charm. Hey, Boa Rocks and they they love me rightSmiley Wink. Unfortunately, i was denied a cli and i recieved the letter today as to why.

Apparently, there have been too many recent credit requests on this account and the total credit line that you have with us meets or exceeds our maximums based on your credit information and historical use of your account.

So, lessons learned the hard waySmiley Happy. 3 requests in 9 months is too many, ok i can aee their point( just was feeling the Boa lovelight lol) and obviously with my income, thats about all she wrote as for how high in gonna get with Boa. Its cool, i can live with the limit but you know how irs nice to be able to use a card and not worry about maxing it ir carrying high utilization.

i guess if you your credit file doesnt support it, i.e high income or thick file, try not to push too many requests for cli, Synchrony they are not. I hope that anyone who is relatively new to Boa like me can take something from this lesson, i sure know i haveSmiley Wink AVJ
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America cli request failure

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Hi everyone! I decided to post this as i guess its good to share our failures and successes, call it therapeutic what have youSmiley Wink. Also if i can help just one person who is in my shoes or whose profile is similar, ill be glad that some good can be had.

Well i think i let my previous two cli attempts get to my head and thought third time would be the charm. Hey, Boa Rocks and they they love me rightSmiley Wink. Unfortunately, i was denied a cli and i recieved the letter today as to why.

Apparently, there have been too many recent credit requests on this account and the total credit line that you have with us meets or exceeds our maximums based on your credit information and historical use of your account.

So, lessons learned the hard waySmiley Happy. 3 requests in 9 months is too many, ok i can aee their point( just was feeling the Boa lovelight lol) and obviously with my income, thats about all she wrote as for how high in gonna get with Boa. Its cool, i can live with the limit but you know how irs nice to be able to use a card and not worry about maxing it ir carrying high utilization.

i guess if you your credit file doesnt support it, i.e high income or thick file, try not to push too many requests for cli, Synchrony they are not. I hope that anyone who is relatively new to Boa like me can take something from this lesson, i sure know i haveSmiley Wink AVJ

Sorry to hear sincerely but thanks for the heads up...

Message 2 of 24
DotaK
Regular Contributor

no date points? Like what was your sarlary and Credit scores and how much you asking and how much was your credit line...

Message 3 of 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lets just my salary would put me at the bottom of the Fico pole,( sorry this is the one thing i really dont care to share as its not impressive, thus the AVJ, LOL Smiley Wink ) However, my current limit is $8500 , started at $1500 last March. Got the luv button after 3 months, went for it, got approved to $4200, got luv button 3 months later , approved to current limit of $8500.

The previous increases were great and appreciated but now that i think of it, im kinda glad this happened. One more tidbit to add to my memory bank. Honestly we need to be careful here, i sure know im guilty of it , in that often times we get caught up in everyones monster approvals and end up thinking this is the way we will get it but those monster limits are often to much stronger prodiles and incomes. If there are any other data points youd like let me know. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 24
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

What happened to BoA's 1 HP CLI every 6 months? When I first got my BBR, I tried a CLI before it was 6 months old. No HP, and a letter in the mail telling me my account had not been at the curreny limit long enough- or something like that. 

Message 5 of 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Have no clue DeeBee Smiley Wink. I guess it really is profile specific and they just throw out sporadic reasons they dont want to give out cli. .
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh no friend that's such a bummer! You will get that increase soon. The bright side is you have a pretty decent CL currently, but I totally know it would be nicer to have a bigger CL. Is you BoA card your daily driver? Do you remember what your scores were when you got your BoA card? I keep debating app-ing for one of their cards, but I know I shouldn't...ya know garden is where it's at and all that jazz....

Message 7 of 24
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Sorry my friend, I wouldn't count yourself out just yet. I get these from time to time. It doesn't mean you won't receive another CLI.
I've stopped requesting them from BofA. However, I'm not done with Discover, Citi, USAA, Synchrony Marvel , Amex or FNBO.. Lol
Message 8 of 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Smc!. No , this is not my daily driver as im currently using it as a BT card. This is slso something im gonna slam the breaks on. No more bts til i pay my current ones off , hopefully by then wont need them anymore lol!.

I think when i got approved i was around 690 TU. Remember at the tme i had my bk7 still reporting. Honestly i cant bash them for not giving me more even though it would have been nice. Still growing and learning in this rebirth and i just gotta remember 9 months may seem like lot but in reality im just starting out my relationship with them. I think a couple months ago i had unfroze my Ex and tried applying for the MLB card but my freeze kicked back in by the time they processed my app decided ah well let them pull TU and didnt get it either so for me it looks like the only card they will give me regardless of my score. Thats one part of this credit game that still kind of bums me out that even with good scores it doesnt really mean much if you dont have the income to back you up.
Come out of the garden only when you feel your ready Smc, and not a minute sooner Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 24
awp317
Frequent Contributor

I wouldnt think that was an income thing. I got told the same thing when my b of a account was at 18k. I charged 10k to it and paid it off and 1 month later asked again and they upped me to 30k. So honestly what their saying is "you have enough credit extended for how you use the card, prove to us you need more"

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.