cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America pre-qualify site...how accurate?

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Bank of America pre-qualify site...how accurate?

I tested the site last week. Put in name billy bob jones. It gave me cash rewards recommendation. It is useless. Sorry. 

Message 21 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

I tested the site last week. Put in name billy bob jones. It gave me cash rewards recommendation. It is useless. Sorry. 

Must be standard as I got the same recommendation.  I app'd on 3/15 and was approved.  I was not even expecting that.  They only gave me $1k CL.  Guess it's better than nothing.

Message 22 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, I was about to fall for that pre-qual site... Thank God, some good people in this forum saved me from a HP! 

I know it's hard to stay in the garden, but it's for our own good. I'm going to be in the garden till July and apply for an AMEX. Hopefully my EX scores shoot up to the low 700's by then.. I can only be hopeful! #sigh

Message 23 of 54
joedtx
Valued Contributor

I'm going to have to agree with what others have said it has gone from a Pre-Qual site to a Recomendations site, but if you get one of the preapproved offers in the mail those seem to be reliable.

Message 24 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm apparently offered everything which is misleading apparently.
Message 25 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here for me and I recon it..gave me some crappy reason about an old collection acct I'm paying on other than that no extreme reason to deny me and no I don't want your damn secured card lol
Message 26 of 54
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Its very accurate for me.

There is a difference between Your Name, these are the cards suggested for you

and seeing;

Congratulations!  Youve been pre approved for whatever card.

If it doesnt say congratulations it wasnt approved.  Yes you can put in any old info and get the Recommended card offers, that just means you werent pre approved.

Good luck.

*edit*

it still does work, Congratulations offer for me for a 99/500 secured card, I declined it and did the prequal again and it came back with recommended offers.  So site still works fine.

Message 27 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to the heavy hitters of this forum, I don't trust pre-quals unless there's a "Congratulations",  a set APR, and some kind of offer, whether it be spend, BT, 0% APR, etc. Even then I'm leary. Ask Jarnog, Nixon and Credditaddict. LOL

I just tried BoA pre-qual and they recommended almost their entire lineup. With 11.99-22.99% APRs. Nope. No thanks.

Message 28 of 54
zerbherb
Established Contributor

discover and boa is a trap. every where else is golden.

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 29 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied for the TL.  I don't intend to carry a balance on it.

Message 30 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.