cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America pre-qualify site...how accurate?

tag
salek10
Regular Contributor

Re: Bank of America pre-qualify site...how accurate?

Pre-qualify site isn't accurate at all... but if you receive a "pre-selected" offer in the mail, those are golden!!... they also will not call it a "pre-qualified" offer but rather a "pre-selected" and as someone mentioned it before, the preselected offer usually has a set APR%

My Wallet: BofACashRewards $12,500 || Amex EveryDay $12,000 || CSP $6,000 || Fidelity Amex $5,000 || Citi Double Cash $4,400 || Chase Freedom $4,000 || Chase Slate $3,000 || Discover it $3,000 || BofABetterBalance $2,900 || AmexCosto: $2,200 || ExpressStore Card 1,400

FICO Transunion: 730
Message 31 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The new BOA pre qual site is nothing but BS. I've banked with them since they were NationsBank and they never prequal me for anything. Lo and behold I look at my account on my desktop today, click the link and the re-design makes it look as if I'm prequalified for every single card they offer. NOT A CHANCE! Smiley LOL

Can't trust it!

yes they are showing cards as "Suggested" cards after you put in your info. No Dice

Message 32 of 54
Jeff532003
Frequent Contributor

I got the suggested also. I saw this thread and almost didn't app but I really wanted another prime bank. Right now Cap one really likes me, AMEX loves me for charge but wouldn't give me a credit account and Discover seems to hate me and won't give me a CLI even though I've been pumping money through it and having to pay it several times a month to keep using it. So in the end I decided to pull the trigger and see. I was approved for the cash rewards with a 2000 dollar limit. I don't know the APR yet but I'm sure it will be on the higher side. My FICO is 661 at the moment. Dropped from 700 when I got my car. I have like 15 HP on TU and 10-11 on EX and EQ so I was worried about that. Util is showing 18% but it's lower in reality. I messed up payments to commenity and it showed high balance on my BJS MasterCard and overstock. Apparently paying 3 days before statement cuts isn't enough lol.
But anyway to the point it seems to me that BOA is very fair. I'm quite happy with the 2k limit. My cap one cards are 3.5 and 2.3 k respectively. BJs MasterCard is 2500 and all my other cards are toy limits. Amex has let me charge over 5 k. I was curious to see if they'd deny my car down payment but it went through and I got the points.
Capital One Venture- 10k, Quicksilver 3.5k, QS MC- 5.8 k, Venture One 5k| Chase Amazon 2k | American Express PRG- NPSL, JetBlue TrueBlue-2k | Bank of America Cash Rewards- 2k | DIscover IT- 1.3k | Barclay's Rewards MC- 1.3k | Greylock FCU (elan)- 500 | BJ's Perks Mastercard 3k | Overstock - 1k| Express - 750 | J Crew 4.3k | Orbitz Visa 2k| Walmart 700 |
TU FICO 5/14 - 520 | FICO 2/15 - 704 | FICO 6/21 - 702 |
Message 33 of 54
txbusted
Contributor

I have been with BOA for a few years now and about a year ago I got the "Congrats" message about a secured card. I got the secured card in January and now all it says is reccommend. BTW I was pre-selected for the regular secured but I applied for the cash rewards secured and got it. I love the card and from what BOA tells me as long as I am not late they will unsecure the card after a full year. I think it is a good card to have for those trying to rebuild. 

myFICO's : EQ: 643 // TU: 635// EXP:645

WALLET: Victoria Secret $650 | Simply Be $850 | BOA Cash Rewards $300 I Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $4k |Chase Freedom $2.2k l Full Beauty $450 l Woman Within $450 l Wayfair $1.2k l Citi Double Cash $700 l Game Stop $300l Overstock $1K l Lane Bryant $300 l Ulta $750 l Walmart $700 l Target Red $1k
Amazon Chase $1k l Kohls $300
Message 34 of 54
JamP
Valued Contributor

We recommend BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Card

$100
online-exclusive cash rewards bonus

if you make at least $500 in purchases in the first 90 days

0% Introductory APR on purchases and qualifying balance transfers for 12 billing cycles; after that 12.99-22.99% variable APR

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 35 of 54
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Pre-qual site recommends some cards for me with a range in pricing. If I sign into online banking though, I have offers with a set APR. I wonder....

Message 36 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never burned bofa and can't get in.  I've even had mailed apps for cash rewards and the aaa card.  Not baddie friendly even if paid and a few years old.  

Message 37 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does not work.  Go type in any name and see what you get.  I just cold app'd it.  You just have to go for it.

Message 38 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I apped for a BofA 123 just last week.  Got the 7-10.

A few days later they called me up and told me my EX was phrozen and asked for the password.  I told them to use TU instead and she happily agreed.

$10,000 approved Smiley Happy

Moral of the story...if you are phrozen on EX, tell BofA to use TU or EQ....save your EX inquiries.

Message 39 of 54
glamchick
Established Contributor

Has anyone been approved when they receive this message?

Based on your information, these products might interest you.

Recommended

Barclaycard Arrival Plus

Barclaycard Arrival Plus

• Earn 2X miles on all purchases*
  • Earn 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days - that's enough to redeem for a $400 travel statement credit*
  • Get 5% miles back to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem for travel statement credits*

*See Terms and Conditions

Additional products

Barclaycard Ring

Barclaycard Ring

• No Balance Transfer fees*
  • No Annual Fee*
  • Access to unique GivebackTM program and online community*
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 40 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.