cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of the West - Conservative or Friendly?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of the West - Conservative or Friendly?

Hello Friends

I'm looking about for a nice card to pick up for Grocery, Gas, and Restaunt spend, and happened upon this gem from Bank of the West.

As you can tell from my Sig I have one rather glaring blemish on my reports, so rather than toss a HP down the well, I thought I'd check in and see if anyone out there has an idea of how their underwriting is.  I have recently established a deposit account relationship with them (incidentally there's a sweet checking bonus until March 3...), I'm hoping that might enhance my chances.

Thanks in advance for any and all datapoints, stories, and/or opinions!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Bank of the West - Conservative or Friendly?

Here's a little gem that can give you insight as to whether a CC issuer is conservative or flexible: the credit pulls database

You enter the lender's name & click "Search". They have only 4 results for Bank of the West. Three approvals. 2 of them with pretty high credit scores. The one denial had a BK7 discharge 13 months preior to app'ing. So I'd say they're not very BK friendly. But, not a bad card for a smaller bank.

1a.jpg

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

While it is permissible to refer posters to the CCB database, links to that particular site are not allowed on these forums.  Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of the west is pretty conservative bank. One week ago I was approved for their cash back master card with 5k SL. They pulled EQ for me. Their approval process is manual, but once approved they report the card to CBs the very next day!! By the way I did not have any prior relationship with them and my credit reports are very clean. My income is more than 200K.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK - so I will definitely will be placing these guys on the 'wait and see' list, and breaking out my recon skills when I go for it

Thanks everyone!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.