cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banks where I can get highest credit card starting limit on No Transfer Fee Balance/0% /15 months

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Banks where I can get highest credit card starting limit on No Transfer Fee Balance/0% /15 month

I would like to qualify for 2 major credit cards for balance transfers.  My choices are Bankamericard and Chase Slate.  Which one should I apply for first based on the reasoning one may not like another inquiry more than the other?  All my scores are over 700.

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Banks where I can get highest credit card starting limit on No Transfer Fee Balance/0% /15 month

I would go to a Credit Union. A higher limit and a no fee BT.

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Union not a choice for me right now.  Just trying to figure out who to app first. Bankamerica or Chase Slate. 

Message 13 of 26
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Slate isn't known for massive SLs. Having a CC through a major bank. Doesn't guarantee a major limit. Many times it's just the opposite. How much would you like to balance transfer? That will give us a better idea of where you may need to look.
Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many credit cards (not including store cards) have you opened in the past 2 years?  If it is 5 or more, you probably won't be able to get the Slate because of Chase's 5/24 rule.  

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

$3,500 - $5,000 starting limit would be sufficient.  I opened in the past 2 years a Capital One, Toyota Rewards, Target red and a bunch of store cards. 

Message 16 of 26
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Not knowing your true FICO scores not Fako, only allows us to guess really.
I know you mentioned CUs not an option. Which confuses me. If you can't join Navy FCU. Which is my all time favorite for 0% BTs.
Andrews FCU https://www.andrewsfcu.org/whats-new/promotions.html#goto_2 is running a promotion. It's not 0% but 4.99% for the life of the transfer. Very easy to join by becoming a member of American consumer council https://www.americanconsumercouncil.org/membership.asp?dname=Americanconsumercouncil.org . Use promo code "Consumer" in order to join for free. Joiningthe CU is a SP. The cool thing about apping CUs is a lot of them will asked you what limit you need or want. With the big banks, you get whatever the system spits out.
Keep that in mind when overlooking the CUs. Andrews primarily pulls EX or TU from my research.
Bank of America is your best bet of the two you've mentioned earlier. At least the CLs will grow quickly compared to Chase IME. Make sure you asked for enough to keep utilization below 30% of the card limit so not to crap out your scores.
Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am working with my credit union regarding their cc using a previously pulled credit bureau.  What I need to know next is what

major credit card for balance transfers would be next if my starting credit card limit isn't enough.  If Bankamerica doesn't like alot of inquiries more so than Chase Slate I may apply with Chase Slate first.  I was wondering if anyone with experience with this situation would have some insight.  Maybe it might also be a good idea to get input on DIscover IT or American Express on how they look at recent/many inquiries.   

Message 18 of 26
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Your INQs are fine. Being you've had only two in a 6 months period. The INQs aren't a major factor. "Too many new accounts" is where the denials normally happen.
Only one way for you to find out as you've ignored pretty much any of the advice given.
Is to jump in with two feet and let the chips fall where they may. Sometimes we must experience things on our own in order to understand.
Good luck with the hunt.
Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't ignored any advise here.  I just haven't gotten an answer to my situation.  Everyone's situation is different and if I'm not molded into what you think I need and not listen to what I'm seeking then that doesn't do my any good.  Would like to hear any ideas from others and I thank you in advance.  

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.