Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Arrival CLI denial-Hardpull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Arrival CLI denial-Hardpull

IV had my ARrival since NoVember, never used credit line $3500 at 20%. I requested a credit line increase online. I noticed a notification that they hard pulled my transunion. I thought it was a soft pull & not sure why I was denied. Zero balance on card TU 730 as of today. Anyone else experience this? 

Im ticked at the hard pull and not happy with them 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Arrival CLI denial-Hardpull

Barclay is always hard pull when requested online.
Message 2 of 16
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

IV had my ARrival since NoVember, never used credit line $3500 at 20%. I requested a credit line increase online. I noticed a notification that they hard pulled my transunion. I thought it was a soft pull & not sure why I was denied. Zero balance on card TU 730 as of today. Anyone else experience this? 

Just be glad you found out soon.

In my case I pulled the lever 4 or 5 times, each time unsuccessfully, in a 3 month period, before I learned that I was generating a hard pull each and every time.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 16
ddemari
Super Contributor

I've had my Arrival+ wemc for 2 years an no luv at all.
The last few times I pulled the trigger they didn't hard pull but just said no.
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You've never used the card. Why would Barclays give you a CLI? And it's well known that online CLI requests are hard pulls with them. You really have no reason to be ticked off at them.

Message 5 of 16
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't mean to be an ass or anything but you've been here long enough and there are plenty of threads on here about Barclays CLI. If you were to search for the threads people would tell you to call in for an APR reduction then ask for the SP CLI. A CLI with Barclay through the online account or CSR is almost a guaranteed HP everytime.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 6 of 16
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Am I crazy? Because when I click "request a CLI" on my cashforward account, this appears:

"To request a credit line increase, please complete this form and click ‘Continue'. This authorizes us to obtain a current credit report to review your credit information, employment history and any other information necessary to process this application. By obtaining your credit report in this way an inquiry will appear on your credit report which will be available by other creditors. This inquiry may have an impact on your credit score."

It seems pretty explicit about the HP.

Anyway, OP, you could call and recon the CLI since the pull has already been done, but I see little reason to be ticked off here as it seems Barclay was pretty clear about this if the message is the same on everyone else's account.

Message 7 of 16
Officer737
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Barclay is always hard pull when requested online.

Exactly!!!! Call in for an APR reduction and maybe get a SP CLI that way but do it online.....hard pull with a quickness.

Message 8 of 16
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why would they give you a CLI if you don't use what you have?

They are not willing to risk the exposure if there is no need for it.

Message 9 of 16
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As others have mentioned Barclays usually does HP on customer initiated CLIs.  If you are looking for SP increases you need to call in and see what kind of offers are available on your account. But with history of less than 6 months it is almost a sure denial... you need more history first. Patience, patience, patience... Quite often Barclays will do auto CLIs at 6 months mark and if this does not happen then I would simply wait for offers to come and not invest a HP because this could be a sign that CLI could end up with a denial.

edit: I had CLI offers and APR reductions on all 3 of my accounts but none in less than 1 year mark.... auto-luv came at 15 months mark after I accepted a BT offer and the others I got when I called in for APR reductions but never on brand new accounts

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.