Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Arrival CLI denial-Hardpull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Arrival CLI denial-Hardpull

Use that card...maybe you will get something down the road.

Message 11 of 16
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

IV had my ARrival since NoVember, never used credit line $3500 at 20%. I requested a credit line increase online. I noticed a notification that they hard pulled my transunion. I thought it was a soft pull & not sure why I was denied. Zero balance on card TU 730 as of today. Anyone else experience this? 

Im ticked at the hard pull and not happy with them 

Barclays is on record as saying that it doesn't like to give credit limit increases unless the account is profitable, and it considers the average balance a proxy for profitablity.

The accounts most likely to get credit limit increases are those with usage in the 20 to 35% range. Accounts which are never used are considered candidates for credit line decreases, not increases.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 12 of 16
thummel
Established Contributor

Asking for an increase on an account with no usage to begin with isn't going to get very much in the end. Especially with Barclay.
Message 13 of 16
mowglidude
Frequent Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

IV had my ARrival since NoVember, never used credit line $3500 at 20%. I requested a credit line increase online. I noticed a notification that they hard pulled my transunion. I thought it was a soft pull & not sure why I was denied. Zero balance on card TU 730 as of today. Anyone else experience this? 

Barclays is on record as saying that it doesn't like to give credit limit increases unless the account is profitable, and it considers the average balance a proxy for profitablity.

The accounts most likely to get credit limit increases are those with usage in the 20 to 35% range. Accounts which are never used are considered candidates for credit line decreases, not increases.

So are you saying, use the card 20-34% of your SL and PIF, or leave 20-35% as a statement balance? I can spend whatever, but loke to PIF, or leave under 3% statement balance.

Starting Score: 589/599/598 5/8/14
FICO® Score 8: EX 788 TU 791 EQ 785 05/09/23
Goal: Was 740 across all bureaus. DONE!
Message 14 of 16
mowglidude
Frequent Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

IV had my ARrival since NoVember and never used credit line $3500 at 20%. I requested a credit line increase online. I noticed a notification that they hard pulled my transunion. I thought it was a soft pull & not sure why I was denied. Zero balance on card TU 730 as of today. Anyone else experience this? 

So are you saying, use the card 20-34% of your SL and PIF, or leave 20-35% as a statement balance? I can spend whatever, but loke to PIF, or leave under 3% statement balance.

Starting Score: 589/599/598 5/8/14
FICO® Score 8: EX 788 TU 791 EQ 785 05/09/23
Goal: Was 740 across all bureaus. DONE!
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

They tell you write then and there it will be a hp. RULE NO 1 OF REQUESTING A CLI. ALWAYS expect a hard pull! Also if you don't use the card don't request. Lender like to see a pattern of purchase, and payments. Unless your scores are 740+ and you have suffiecient income don't pull that luv button with a lender like Barclays. Maybe CapOne or Sync would be a better option if you want sp cli's.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.