cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Aviator Red Approval Odds after BK?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Aviator Red Approval Odds after BK?

HI Everyone,

My discharge was on October 31 and same day I got a Cap1 card with $3000cl now it's $3300 and never carry a balance usually my statement cuts with $400 I make payments every week and on avg spend $3900 on the card each month, I also have VS card with $250cl and no balance (I got it with shopping cart trick). I have NFCU and was denied a cc because of my BK was told to wait a year. I have student loans and a car loan all payed on time. Any way my score is 659 on EX, 652 TU, and 659 EQ. Barclay was not included on my Bk. I only travel with AA and would love to have an AA card again.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclay Aviator Red Approval Odds after BK?

I did the work for you.  You can do a search on these forums and gather some great information.  What I found is that Barclays does approve post BK if you didn't burn them.  They pull TU so you should at least get that to 660 - 670 before apping.

Hope that helps and search to get more data points to help you make a decision.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure but I think Barclays now requires a year's rebuilding after BK.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

I'm not sure but I think Barclays now requires a year's rebuilding after BK.

I can confirm, was on the phone the other day with one of their senior reps and was told that they look for at least 1 year post bk (didn't specify discharge or filing) before giving people a chance.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most creditor use BK filed date, the only one that I know of that uses discharged date is NFCU.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.