Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay CC let's put our heads together

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

@FinStar wrote:

Hmmmm... this could be interesting.  Of course, I won't know for sure for the next 4-8 months so we'll see if anything comes about on my Barclays accounts.

We can figure this out for sureSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 21 of 972
Kutuzov
Frequent Contributor

Approved for 1,3k march 2013, did the LUV botton 7/6 they said it was processing, they call me, and declined CLI (I don't balme them!), heavy use aid way more than CLI each month (last month I paid 1650 and reported 250), let's see next cut what happens.

Gardening since 03/25/2016. Discover FICO 705 (4/21/16).
Discover It 2000, Barclay Ring 7100, Capital One QS 7000, Amazon sc 6000, Chase AARP 2500, Barclay Rewards 500
Message 22 of 972
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Kutuzov wrote:

Approved for 1,3k march 2013, did the LUV botton 7/6 they said it was processing, they call me, and declined CLI (I don't balme them!), heavy use aid way more than CLI each month (last month I paid 1650 and reported 250), let's see next cut what happens.

Look for results between 5-6 months YMMV tho I saw 1 CLI already I think at 3 months 

So far it looks like they like to see balances on the 0% for CLI's 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 23 of 972
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Hmmmm... this could be interesting.  Of course, I won't know for sure for the next 4-8 months so we'll see if anything comes about on my Barclays accounts.

Now, the last 5 accounts that I opened around Oct 2012 did not yield any CLD, AA or closure with Barclays...then again I closed a few as well.  If anything, any AA would have happened by now since the last time I checked my CRs, they certainly have been doing plenty of SPs.

Message 24 of 972
myjourney
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Now, the last 5 accounts that I opened around Oct 2012 did not yield any CLD, AA or closure with Barclays...then again I closed a few as well.  If anything, any AA would have happened by now since the last time I checked my CRs, they certainly have been doing plenty of SPs.

Who did they SP in your case?

and Thanks for infoSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 25 of 972
Poozie121
Contributor

@finstar, when did they start SPing you and how often do they do it? I have had my card for about a month and have been looking but haven't seen a SP yet I have opened a walmart card since and got an acct at DCU....
Gardening until 8/10/2014! I love this forum!!!! EX- 687 TU-688 EQ - 680 ...all pulls 12/2013 (myfico)
Ch 7 discharge - 12/11. Discover $6k, DCU $3k, Barclays rewards $3k, Barclays Sallie Mae $3k Sony Visa $2500 Capital One Quicksilver $5 Capital One Venture One $3k, best buy mastercard1000

Message 26 of 972
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

They have SP'd for AR on both EX and TU.  EX as recently as Apr... and TU during Jun, Apr, Feb and Nov 2012 for the last 9 months.

Message 27 of 972
myjourney
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

They have SP'd for AR on both EX and TU.  EX as recently as Apr... and TU during Jun, Apr, Feb and Nov 2012 for the last 9 months.

Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 28 of 972
Poozie121
Contributor

Thanks, fin!!!!
Gardening until 8/10/2014! I love this forum!!!! EX- 687 TU-688 EQ - 680 ...all pulls 12/2013 (myfico)
Ch 7 discharge - 12/11. Discover $6k, DCU $3k, Barclays rewards $3k, Barclays Sallie Mae $3k Sony Visa $2500 Capital One Quicksilver $5 Capital One Venture One $3k, best buy mastercard1000

Message 29 of 972
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

For me April for ex. May for tu . May was the one they used for auto cli. I was 5 months clean. I did forget to mention i got auto loan in January. Tu was froze so no inquiries on tu for that purchase.
AMEX B SKY-1K AMEX PRG- NPSL USAA PLTM -6K
DISCOVER IT- 5.2K BARCLAY REWARD- 3.2K
PAYPAL REWARDS -6K VICTORIA SECRETS -1750
USAA AMEX-5.5K CITI TY PREFR 3.1K(NPSL) CHASE FREEDOM -1K
SPORTSMAN VISA- 8K AMEX ED PRFD- 8.5
Message 30 of 972
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.