Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay CC let's put our heads together

tag
wagsk1
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

i start an online dispute with whatever CR just so i can view my report then i cancel the dispute before i file it

Message 371 of 972
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

Like Kenny, I also have the Equifax credit monitoring service for $24.95/month.  Also (as another poster pointed out), I've been able to view/print a free credit report when I've been denied credit (AA) - from whichever bureau the creditor (who declined me) used.  I guess that's the one positive benefit that results from a credit denial!   Smiley Wink

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx BCP (10k) | AmEx Blue Cash (1k) | AmEx SPG (3.5k) | Barclay Arrival WMC (7.5k) | Barclay Sallie Mae (1.5k) | Cap1 QS (2k) | Chase Freedom (1k) | Discover IT (4.5k) | InTouch (Local) CU MC (5k) | InTouch (Local) CU LOC (25k)

Citi/Best Buy (AU) (1.5k) | Citi/Best Buy (7.5k) | Comenity/Crate & Barrel (4k) | Comenity/Restoration Hardware (9k) | GE/Ethan Allen (2.5k) | Synchrony Bank/Banana Republic (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Gap (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Walmart (3.3k)

myFICO scores ~ 691 (EQ) 670 (EX) 712 (TU) || Goal scores: 750+ (all 3)
Message 372 of 972
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

App'ed on 07/11/13 with ~7% UTL, 760 TU FICO and got $5K Arrival

Auto CLI on 01/11/14 of +3K to bring me to $8K

Overall UTL at CLI ~29% and on Arrival ~63%

Spent HEAVILY on this card, made payments totalling $3,333 over last 6 months, cashed in some miles for credit (30K) and DID NOT OPEN OR APPLY FOR ANY NEW TLs.

Message 373 of 972
H4LO
Established Contributor

@wagsk1 wrote:

i start an online dispute with whatever CR just so i can view my report then i cancel the dispute before i file it

Tisk tisk. 

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 374 of 972
NotUsher
Contributor

Another data point for y'all:

Instant approval for no-AF Arrival on 7/4/13 ($7500 CL), updated billing cycle to the 24th of the month after receiving the card. No CLI at 6th statement (Dec 24) or 6 month mark (1/4/14).

Applied for Sallie Mae MC on 1/8/14 (had waited to see if Arrival CLI would come at 6th month mark), got 7-10 day message. Called in, analyst came back with $3k CL, asked for $5k (wanted the World MC). No problem, already reporting. Should have the card this week probably.

Opened a few other cards with the Arrival and no AA as of yet. Added another 1 at the same time as Sallie Mae, but it hasn't reported yet. Util was right around 1% at time of application for Sallie Mae.

Time for me to chill out on Apping as I'm right around 100% of my annual income in available credit. BCE in November/Dec 2014 is probably next and then maybe a Discover at some point. 

Message 375 of 972
All4One
Valued Member

@H4LO wrote:

@wagsk1 wrote:

Tisk tisk. 

I wondered how long it would take to get called out.

AMEX BCE $15k // IHG Rewards $5900 // USAA MC $3000 // AF BANK $1000
CK 774 (3/14/14) // CS FAKO 792 (3/1/14) // Quizzle 761 (1/16/14)
Last HP 3/20/14
Message 376 of 972
myjourney
Super Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

App'ed on 07/11/13 with ~7% UTL, 760 TU FICO and got $5K Arrival

Auto CLI on 01/11/14 of +3K to bring me to $8K

Overall UTL at CLI ~29% and on Arrival ~63%

Spent HEAVILY on this card, made payments totalling $3,333 over last 6 months, cashed in some miles for credit (30K) and DID NOT OPEN OR APPLY FOR ANY NEW TLs.

Congrats and thanks for adding your data points to the thread Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 377 of 972
myjourney
Super Contributor

@NotUsher wrote:

Another data point for y'all:

Instant approval for no-AF Arrival on 7/4/13 ($7500 CL), updated billing cycle to the 24th of the month after receiving the card. No CLI at 6th statement (Dec 24) or 6 month mark (1/4/14).

Applied for Sallie Mae MC on 1/8/14 (had waited to see if Arrival CLI would come at 6th month mark), got 7-10 day message. Called in, analyst came back with $3k CL, asked for $5k (wanted the World MC). No problem, already reporting. Should have the card this week probably.

Opened a few other cards with the Arrival and no AA as of yet. Added another 1 at the same time as Sallie Mae, but it hasn't reported yet. Util was right around 1% at time of application for Sallie Mae.

Time for me to chill out on Apping as I'm right around 100% of my annual income in available credit. BCE in November/Dec 2014 is probably next and then maybe a Discover at some point. 

Congrats and thanks for adding 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 378 of 972
Tristate
Contributor

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together[] -

Applied for Barclays Rewards MC in December 2012, instant approval for $1500. Used heavily with paying in full few times a month. Will run like 5000 every month.

6 months later auto CLI to $2300, called them right away and asked for more. HP - but they bumped me to $3500. Another six months of heavy use with PIF and UTI <10%.

And boom another CLI just couple days ago to $6000! Very happy with this card.  During the last year only 3 or 4 HP one of them for Wally and couple for Telephone, Internet services.

AMEX BCE 10K; BARCLAYS REWARDS 10K; CITI ANYWHERE 8K; DISCOVER 7,5K;CAP ONE VENTURE 9K;MERRICK BANK 2,3K; MACY'S 1,2K; WALMART-SYNCRONY 450$.
BK7 DISCHARGED IN 2011. FICO 8 NOW IN LOW 700S.
Message 379 of 972
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together[] -

App in April 2013, approved for $25,000. Auto CLI in September and again in January. I don't remember util at time of app or auto's, however it is now at 5% and my TU Fico per Barclays is 793. 2 HP on TU, no new accounts since I opened this one. Use card occasionally but my AU uses it monthly.

EDIT: forgot to mention increase amount of $3,500.

Message 380 of 972
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.