Did you mean: 

Barclay CC let's put our heads together

tag
slickshoes182
New Contributor

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

@myjourney wrote:

Another financial mind I see WSJ huh Lol

I probably spend to much time  there reading all day while checking stock....Hey got to exercise the mind right? 

Question so you yourself have had a CLD with Barclay?

I invite you to share your personal experience with this group as we both seem to agree on a lot of issues of why Barclay does CLD's or AA.,

You would be the 2nd person in this thread to offer your honest views of why it happened to you and a contributor to the data points for others.

The first person admitted that he or she may have caused it and brought it upon themselves.

Slickshoes it has been my pleasure to openly and friendly discuss the adventures of Barclay and what is fact and fiction as we ourselves see it and not from what is a highly subjective view of others.

Edit just for reference tonight's CLD and I hate when this happens to anyone

Amex what will others say.....Fact or fiction 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/AMEX-CLD/td-p/3093672

Haha, well I'm the slick_shoes_182 user that reported a CLD on page 40. I think that's the one CLD that you are talking about. I'm using slickshoes182 now because I locked myself out of the other account (forgot my password too many times), and when I entered my personal info to reset my password, it gave me the info for this other e-mail that myFICO had on file for my SSN.

Message 621 of 972
watch44
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Actually what we found out about Barclay is that they like to see the use of BT's and carrying balances during the 0% period.

Those were the people that received auto CLI's.

All banks like to see heavy usage but the above mentioned method for this lender seem to almost be assured a auto CLI whereas in some cases not even heavy users saw an auto CLI.

@Stralem wrote:

@watch44 wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

More than minimum, less than the total balance.

I got a $2K auto CLI by doing this. Smiley Happy

What % did you carry? Is there a relationship between the amount of balance carried and the auto-CLI?

It varied.

Some months, it was at 90%. Others it was in the 20% range. I even maxed it out completely one time.

In the first few pages of this thread was a Barclays-sourced chart that showed what the "optimal" usage range was. I believe it was somewhere around 30% to 60%, but don't quote me on that. That chart also said that usage AND balance carrying was preferred, not just one or the other. That's why the PIF users tend not to get the auto love even through they put heavy usage on their cards. Likewise the ones who use their cards to just park balances.

@Poozie121 wrote:

@this is a great article at @emptypockets posted last night..

http://www.barclaycardring.com/t5/Barclaycard-Ring-Public-Blog/A-Case-Study-of-a-Credit-Line-Increas...

http://www.barclaycardring.com/t5/Barclaycard-Ring-Public-Blog/A-Case-Study-of-a-Credit-Line-Increas...

[DISCLAIMER: Do not attempt the following unless a you are a  trained risk-taking professional. Also do not attempt if you plan on applying for new credit in the next 12 months. ]

I want to step it up a notch. My World Elite MasterCard is a flexible spending credit card with a 4k CL. If I was to BT 3k to my card and put 2k spending through it every month (125% util!!) and pay off only the spend portion (2k) monthly, what do you guys think would happen? Good, bad, or neutral? Cat Very Happy

(Hover over pics for details) 
FICO:  TU 731 (05/14/14)   EX 749 (04/24/14)   EQ 684 (02/05/14)   Goal 700
FAKO:  TU 761 (05/20/14)   EX 761 (05/20/14)   EQ 743 (05/20/14)
Message 622 of 972
watch44
Frequent Contributor

@watch44 wrote:

I want to step it up a notch. My World Elite MasterCard is a flexible spending credit card with a 4k CL. If I was to BT 3k to my card and put 2k spending through it every month (125% util!!) and pay off only the spend portion (2k) monthly, what do you guys think would happen? Good, bad, or neutral? Cat Very Happy

Uhhh.... just realized there is no 0% intro APR offer on the Arrival+.... nevermind.

Message 623 of 972
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@watch44 wrote:

I want to step it up a notch. My World Elite MasterCard is a flexible spending credit card with a 4k CL. If I was to BT 3k to my card and put 2k spending through it every month (125% util!!) and pay off only the spend portion (2k) monthly, what do you guys think would happen? Good, bad, or neutral? Cat Very Happy 

I don't recommend putting purchase on cards that carry BT. You'll be paying interest on purchases (no more grace period). 

Message 624 of 972
watch44
Frequent Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@watch44 wrote:

I don't recommend putting purchase on cards that carry BT. You'll be paying interest on purchases (no more grace period). 

I won't be going forward with my plans now that I just realized there is no 0% intro APR offer on the Arrival+. Couldn't even get a recon on the APR using the backdoor. Stuck at 18.99. NO WAY, HOSAY.

I'm almost tempted to SD the card and forget about the 40K miles intro bonus altogether. Damn it... Damn you fine print!

Message 625 of 972
Boragard
Established Contributor

@Boragard wrote:

I've been stuck at measly $500 since I opened the card back in October.  January 2nd I tried for CLI online, denied.  So I used it for the rest of January and SD'd it for 3 months.  I have gotten SPd from Barclay twice once in March once in April.  I guess they see all my other cards have increased except theirs.  So I decided to use it for April, PIF as usual now it's SD'd again.  What do I have to do to make it increase?  I have always PIF, never been late! Never carried a balance.  My promotional APR expires on June 4th.  Any suggestions?

I must say, this thread on the CLI with Barclay is the truth!!  I wrote the above message on May 10th saying I was stuck at $500.  After reading all of the replies to my message, I decided to use the card to the max, literally!  On Monday of this week (Memorial Day), I completely maxed out my card using my last $9.97 of availabe credit in groceries.  My plan was to not PIF as I usually do and pay it over the course of 5 months since Barclay likes to see usage...So today, I logged in to see if the groceries posted to my account.  It did indeed post, and I noticed my credit limit has increased by $1000!  wow! what a complete surprise. Finally!  I wouldn't have known without this thread.  Thanks myjourney for creating this particular thread and to all who replied!

Message 626 of 972
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

Barclays LOVES to see heavy usage and make sure you carry a balance.

When I first got the card in 2009, it was my re-builder card. I used it all the time and carried a balance. I was receiving increases every 6 months. Then about two years ago, I stopped using it as much, and would always pay in full. Guess what happened? I haven't received any increases. Been stuck at 7.5k for 2 years now.

So yeah, use it a lot, max it out, carry a balance and you'll get constant increases. Be responsible, and you get nothing.. 

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 627 of 972
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Boragard wrote:

@Boragard wrote:

I've been stuck at measly $500 since I opened the card back in October.  January 2nd I tried for CLI online, denied.  So I used it for the rest of January and SD'd it for 3 months.  I have gotten SPd from Barclay twice once in March once in April.  I guess they see all my other cards have increased except theirs.  So I decided to use it for April, PIF as usual now it's SD'd again.  What do I have to do to make it increase?  I have always PIF, never been late! Never carried a balance.  My promotional APR expires on June 4th.  Any suggestions?

I must say, this thread on the CLI with Barclay is the truth!!  I wrote the above message on May 10th saying I was stuck at $500.  After reading all of the replies to my message, I decided to use the card to the max, literally!  On Monday of this week (Memorial Day), I completely maxed out my card using my last $9.97 of availabe credit in groceries.  My plan was to not PIF as I usually do and pay it over the course of 5 months since Barclay likes to see usage...So today, I logged in to see if the groceries posted to my account.  It did indeed post, and I noticed my credit limit has increased by $1000!  wow! what a complete surprise. Finally!  I wouldn't have known without this thread.  Thanks myjourney for creating this particular thread and to all who replied!

Congrats on the auto CLI WTG

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 628 of 972
Boragard
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Boragard wrote:

@Boragard wrote:

Congrats on the auto CLI WTG

Thanks!  I did exactly as you told me and it worked.  I'm so grateful!  Smiley LOL

Message 629 of 972
blk8
Regular Contributor

What do you recommend I do? I currently have these 4 data points to share. They are the 4 statements I have had with Barclays since opening.

1) PIF

2) 17% REPORTED

3) PIF

4) 30% REPORTED

5) ?

6) ?

How much of a balance should I carry on my 5th and 6th statement? I'm thinking 60 or 90 percent?

FICO: EX 662 | EQ 670 | TU 681
Message 630 of 972
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.