Did you mean: 

Barclay CC let's put our heads together

tag
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

@--HighHopes-- wrote:

@Divaofsongs wrote:

Something very strange is going on with my Barclay's account and I was hoping someone here could give me some insight..........

With my rewards card, I get a free FICO score once a month. I have had my account since Feb, and up until last week, they had only updated my score 3 times. In the last 6 days, they have updated my score every day and it is fluctuating up and down by 5-8 points each time, yet NOTHING on my report has changed in the past week. I know this because I get alerts from 4 different sources when there is a change and I also have a service that let's me pull my credit reports daily and nothing has changed at all in the past 6 days.

Does anyone know what would be causing the fluctuation when there is no change to the reports?

Also, why would Barclay's SP my credit every single day for 6 days in a row? They are supposed to update it monthly, not daily. 

Has this happened to anyone else?

I have had a similar situation this month and last.  I too have the Barclay Rewards MC.  If you go into the account settings for the FICO score there is an option to click "notify me when score changes" or "notify of any account changes" something along those lines, but anyway if you have that option activated it is supposed to notify you any time your score changes even a point up or down.  Last month mine changed 2 times due to new inquiries and this month I've had 3 alerts of score changes due to the new account from last month starting to report so I just assumed that was why I got my alerts.  I don't really  understand why you'd be getting them if nothing has changed, but it could be something that had changed before the last 6 days maybe??  I don't know, but I can tell you that the rep told me it was set up similar to a monitoring service and that if you have no activity you will only receive one update per month, however, if there is activity on your account you can recieve multiple updates per month.  Hope this helps you some!

Does this differ per card? I only have one option which is to "notify me of score change" Thanks!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 711 of 972
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Hi all!!! I know I put my data points in a few months ago. Details below. But what do we know about AFTER the 6-month auto CLI? Any other autos at 9 or 12 month mark?

Rewards MC opened 10/2013 500 CL reconned no success.

Ran at least 800 through it per month (let statement cut with 100 balance each month)

SP TU  2/2014 Auto CLI  3/2014 New CL 1500 (right at the 6th month)

So I am wondering if I should ask for more now or just chill out...I would like for it to be 3k that is all.

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 712 of 972
nitrov
Established Contributor

I got a score change alert that my score bumped from a 684 to 714, which is the highest it's been since I opened my account 9 months ago. I still haven't gotten a CLI from them, but I'm hoping they'll give me an auto-CLI when my next statement cuts beginning of September. I'm wondering if I have a good shot or better shot of apping for the Arrival card or if I should just stick it out with the RMC.

My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 713 of 972
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@nitrov wrote:

I got a score change alert that my score bumped from a 684 to 714, which is the highest it's been since I opened my account 9 months ago. I still haven't gotten a CLI from them, but I'm hoping they'll give me an auto-CLI when my next statement cuts beginning of September. I'm wondering if I have a good shot or better shot of apping for the Arrival card or if I should just stick it out with the RMC.

I applied for Sallie Mae and they gave me a $250 CL....I reconned with no success and ended up closing it the same day I opened it. SAD... lol

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 714 of 972
nitrov
Established Contributor

I'm currently at a $3500 limit, I wouldn't want the HP unless I had extremely good chances of getting a $5-10k CL on the Arrival card. I have a lot of inqs on my credit in the last few months, so I'm just not sure if I stand a chance of getting that kind of CL from them if they won't even give me a CLI on the card I already have with them. Right now I'm carrying a high balance on the card to take advantage of the 3.99% promo rate they gave me, not sure if I need to pay that down before they'll bump me either. It's like the Wizard of Oz -__-

Message 715 of 972
Rain77
Frequent Contributor

My 10th statement is 8/15 for the Rewards MC.  Hoping to see some auto. Nothing after 6 months.  Card used heavy, but PIF.  I decided to use a BT check, carried that bal a couple months, paid all new charges. I PIF the Rewards card today.  Hoping to get at least to 3K from 1.5K. 

I got auto CLI of $250 on my Apple Visa on the 7th or 8th statement (several months ago) - this card has 0% int promo, so balance is being carried and always pay at least 2x the min. 

Last HP 8/29/14

Message 716 of 972
--HighHopes--
Regular Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

@--HighHopes-- wrote:

@Divaofsongs wrote:

Something very strange is going on with my Barclay's account and I was hoping someone here could give me some insight..........

With my rewards card, I get a free FICO score once a month. I have had my account since Feb, and up until last week, they had only updated my score 3 times. In the last 6 days, they have updated my score every day and it is fluctuating up and down by 5-8 points each time, yet NOTHING on my report has changed in the past week. I know this because I get alerts from 4 different sources when there is a change and I also have a service that let's me pull my credit reports daily and nothing has changed at all in the past 6 days.

Does anyone know what would be causing the fluctuation when there is no change to the reports?

Also, why would Barclay's SP my credit every single day for 6 days in a row? They are supposed to update it monthly, not daily. 

Has this happened to anyone else?

I have had a similar situation this month and last.  I too have the Barclay Rewards MC.  If you go into the account settings for the FICO score there is an option to click "notify me when score changes" or "notify of any account changes" something along those lines, but anyway if you have that option activated it is supposed to notify you any time your score changes even a point up or down.  Last month mine changed 2 times due to new inquiries and this month I've had 3 alerts of score changes due to the new account from last month starting to report so I just assumed that was why I got my alerts.  I don't really  understand why you'd be getting them if nothing has changed, but it could be something that had changed before the last 6 days maybe??  I don't know, but I can tell you that the rep told me it was set up similar to a monitoring service and that if you have no activity you will only receive one update per month, however, if there is activity on your account you can recieve multiple updates per month.  Hope this helps you some!

Does this differ per card? I only have one option which is to "notify me of score change" Thanks!

I don't think so.  Yes...that is what it says, but when you select that (or at least in my experience anyway) it alerts me anytime mine changes up or down, and when you view the change down below it there is a list or reason why the score "possibly" or "probably" changed.  My last alert of score change went down 7 points and below the score it showed that I had a "new account" added which made sense for the change in score for me.  There was one score change that I received a generic message like "here are some reasons why your score changes over time" and then proceeded to list different factors that were generalizations rather than individualized to my particular case.  That's just my experience with it of course YMMV, but I would think they'd all be the same or at least very similarSmiley Happy

Message 717 of 972
Emeraldautomotive
New Contributor

Applied July 14 approved for 1500. Called and reconed to 6000. About 11 new accounts and 30+ inqs

Life is about decisions good ones and bad ones, we will prosper when we make more good ones than bad ones.
Message 718 of 972
nitrov
Established Contributor

30+ inqs?? In how long? Geez that gives me hope for Barclay. Too bad they still won't give me a darn auto CLI

Message 719 of 972
Emeraldautomotive
New Contributor

I called barclays backdoor number and spoke directly to a credit  antalyst and reconed for the 6000. He did ask about the Nina's but saw I had good history with larger cl sand approved me 

Life is about decisions good ones and bad ones, we will prosper when we make more good ones than bad ones.
Message 720 of 972
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.