Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay CC let's put our heads together

tag
jeffg330
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

Congrats on the CLI. It seems there is no rhyme or reason with Bacrlays and CLI's. I gave up on mine and the card is in the SD 

Starting Score: EQ 609 EX 570 TU 656 March 2012 CH 7 BK 12/08
Current Score: EQ 691 EX 694 TU 713
Goal Score: all 3 700's.
Quicksilver $5000 Discover IT $1500 Barclays NFL $1250 Walmart $1500 CL Applied Bank $300 (secured)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

In the Garden till 12/14
Message 821 of 972
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Firstladywilson79 wrote:

OMG I read through 82 pages in 18 days!!! Lol

Well my journey is pretty new I needed a rewards card for things I already budget for so I applied for the Barclaycard RMC and was approved for $1500 on 9/4/14. I haven't app'ed for any other cards since (although very tempting lol). Currently I have a Avenue Store Card $250; Meijer store card $300; Amazon Rewards Card $1,000; and Barclaycard RMC. All.cards at $0 except Barclaycard rmc. I plan on using the knowledge from here to try to get a cli by the 6 month statement.

Welcome and good luck 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 822 of 972
myjourney
Super Contributor

@GetTheFico wrote:
Update:

Approved for Arrival in January, Sallie Mae in March.
Received auto-CLI on both at the 6 month mark.

Arrival went from 4K to 8K, Sallie Mae from 2.5K to 3.9K

Congrats WTG X2 auto luvs very nice indeed 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 823 of 972
Firehorse
Frequent Contributor

I got an instant online approval Wednesday night for 1.4k on a Rewards MC. I called the backdoor for a recon on the CL because I have a paid tax lien that tends to ding me downwards unless a credit analyst does a manual review. They bumped me up to 2.5k.

I have a couple more apps I'm planning on before I head to the garden. If get them and Barclay does somekind of AA, I'll report back. So far, I'm just happy with it being my highest limit. It will really help keeping my UTIL in 1% to 7% range which is always my goal.

Smiley Happy

Start MyFico: 01/04/2014: TU 572, EX 599, EQ 593, CK: 593, CKV: 596, CS: 626 Garden since 01/09/2015
Current MyFico 10/23/2015: TU 740, EX 784, EQ 739, CK/TU: 768, CK/EX: 782, CS: 785 Q: 702 1.5% UTIL & 6.9 yrs. AAoA, 1 PAID FTB Lien 8/2008

Message 824 of 972
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Firehorse wrote:

I got an instant online approval Wednesday night for 1.4k on a Rewards MC. I called the backdoor for a recon on the CL because I have a paid tax lien that tends to ding me downwards unless a credit analyst does a manual review. They bumped me up to 2.5k.

I have a couple more apps I'm planning on before I head to the garden. If get them and Barclay does somekind of AA, I'll report back. So far, I'm just happy with it being my highest limit. It will really help keeping my UTIL in 1% to 7% range which is always my goal.

Smiley Happy

Congrats X2 for approval and recon to higher limit 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 825 of 972
Divaofsongs
Frequent Contributor

Is anyone else getting multiple new cards issued? This actually has to do with why I may not have gotten my auto CLI on my 6th statement, at least according to the rep I spoke with. Here is the deal......

Right before my 6th statement cut in Aug, I logged on and noticed that the last 4 digits of my card number changed, so I called CS and they said they were issuing a new card and as soon as I activated it, they would be canceling the current card. I asked why and they said that a merchant I did business with had some sort of fraud issues or data breach issues and out of precaution they issed a new card. I suppose it equals an ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure. I got the new card in the mail a week ago and activated it. They canceled the old account.

Fast forward to yesterday and I log on and see a different 4 digit card number so I call CS again and I am told that they issued yet another new card because of the same reason. I only had the new card activated for 3 days so I asked them if they could tell me which merchant is triggering this so I can stop using my card there but the rep was not able to tell me. Ironically, the only charge I put on my new card was for a credit report here at myFICO. but I doubt they are the reason.

So I am now waiting on another new card.......I asked the rep if this could have anything to do with my account not getting an auto CLI on the 6th statement and he said that while he couldn't tell me if I would have received an auto CLI on the 6th statement if I had not had to have a new card issued, he could tell me that they normally do not do any account enhancements, limit increases, etc., while in a transition to receive a new card when it is being reissued due to a fraud or data breach issue. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..............this may be the reason I did not get my auto CLI at the 6th statement. My hubby got his and he did not have any nerw cards issued so I am crossing my fingers that this is the hold up.

Chap 7 BK Discharge Aug 2013 (Initial CL/Current CL): Discover IT ($5.5K/$32.5K) Cap1 QS ($500/$30K) Amazon ($700/$8K) Barclay's MC ($1,300/$10.3K) Upromise ($500/$33K) Lowe's ($900/$13K) Sportsman's Visa ($17K) WF Amex ($13K) AMEX BCE ($10K) AMEX Gold NPSL - FICO's: All 740+
Message 826 of 972
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Divaofsongs wrote:

Is anyone else getting multiple new cards issued? This actually has to do with why I may not have gotten my auto CLI on my 6th statement, at least according to the rep I spoke with. Here is the deal......

Right before my 6th statement cut in Aug, I logged on and noticed that the last 4 digits of my card number changed, so I called CS and they said they were issuing a new card and as soon as I activated it, they would be canceling the current card. I asked why and they said that a merchant I did business with had some sort of fraud issues or data breach issues and out of precaution they issed a new card. I suppose it equals an ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure. I got the new card in the mail a week ago and activated it. They canceled the old account.

Fast forward to yesterday and I log on and see a different 4 digit card number so I call CS again and I am told that they issued yet another new card because of the same reason. I only had the new card activated for 3 days so I asked them if they could tell me which merchant is triggering this so I can stop using my card there but the rep was not able to tell me. Ironically, the only charge I put on my new card was for a credit report here at myFICO. but I doubt they are the reason.

So I am now waiting on another new card.......I asked the rep if this could have anything to do with my account not getting an auto CLI on the 6th statement and he said that while he couldn't tell me if I would have received an auto CLI on the 6th statement if I had not had to have a new card issued, he could tell me that they normally do not do any account enhancements, limit increases, etc., while in a transition to receive a new card when it is being reissued due to a fraud or data breach issue. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..............this may be the reason I did not get my auto CLI at the 6th statement. My hubby got his and he did not have any nerw cards issued so I am crossing my fingers that this is the hold up.

Shop at HomeDepot with that card lately? That's the latest reason for new cards and accounts being changed

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 827 of 972
Divaofsongs
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Shop at HomeDepot with that card lately? That's the latest reason for new cards and accounts being changed

No, actually, I have not used the card for anything the past 2 months except myFICO and 2 local utility bills. Since I received and activated the new card, I only used it to pay for a credit report here on myFICO, so I am not sure what is triggering it because I activated the card on the 16th, used it here on the 17th and on the 18th it was canceled and reissuing me a new card again. Very strange indeed. 

Chap 7 BK Discharge Aug 2013 (Initial CL/Current CL): Discover IT ($5.5K/$32.5K) Cap1 QS ($500/$30K) Amazon ($700/$8K) Barclay's MC ($1,300/$10.3K) Upromise ($500/$33K) Lowe's ($900/$13K) Sportsman's Visa ($17K) WF Amex ($13K) AMEX BCE ($10K) AMEX Gold NPSL - FICO's: All 740+
Message 828 of 972
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Divaofsongs wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

No, actually, I have not used the card for anything the past 2 months except myFICO and 2 local utility bills. Since I received and activated the new card, I only used it to pay for a credit report here on myFICO, so I am not sure what is triggering it because I activated the card on the 16th, used it here on the 17th and on the 18th it was canceled and reissuing me a new card again. Very strange indeed. 

That is very strange but glad you're covered just in case 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 829 of 972
Anonymous
Not applicable

does anybody know what this gift box is on the upper right corner ? am i expecting a gift soon ? Smiley Tongue 

Message 830 of 972
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.