Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay CC let's put our heads together

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

Well fellas! Just placed a call over to Barclay's on my new Sallie Mae WMC. They gave me an extra welcome bonus of $50 on $1,000 spend in 3mos on top of the $25 for first purchase. Then they bumped my SL from $1,500 to $2,000.

It's a good day. Smiley Happy

Message 881 of 972
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@FlawlessShineAutoSpa wrote:

masscredit - what does to triage monthly in credit card terms mean? Sorry for my ignorance... 

That reply was to NRB525's question asking if I triaged my FICO scores lately.  Pretty much access the degree of urgency to fix problems on them. I've done all that I can now. I think I just have to wait and let time heal the rest of the issues (BK from 2/10, tax liens and late payments from before the BK).

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 882 of 972
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got approved for $500 on 9/14 and I use it to pay lights, phone for the points.  My scores was low 600's when I got approved with a BK13 showing that will fall off 9/16

No CLI yet and I also hit the love button with a deny.  Will post any updates along the way..

Message 883 of 972
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Follow-up to my posts from earlier this week. I called Barclay to upgrade my Apple Visa to the new Rewards version today.  During the conversation I was told that the account was eligible for a $2000. upgrade and was asked if I wanted to accept it (does anyone really say "no"? Smiley Happy ). Of course I took it! This was the card that I was expecting to see an increase a few weeks ago. So... I'm back to feeling loved!

Oh yeah, they also lowered my APR from 22.9% to 18.9%.  It was about a 5 minute call, very nice people and very happy with their service!

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 884 of 972
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Wonder if I should start with rewards before sallie Mae, dunno. They are up for apping either in April or October, not sure yet.
Signature needs updating
Message 885 of 972
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
Wonder if I should start with rewards before sallie Mae, dunno. They are up for apping either in April or October, not sure yet.

I'd go for what you want first. Better to have to recon now than regret and trying to PC later.

In other news, the wife got a call from Barclay's today asking about the CLI she initiated on her Rewards MC. They told her that they wanted to see how she did on her new US Airways WMC ($7,500) before they'd approve a CLI on the Rewards MC. They also told her "No more new accounts this year." -- There goes hope of getting her to app CSP Smiley Frustrated

I'm guessing she's at her exposure limit with them and they were letting her down easy. Smiley Tongue

Message 886 of 972
barbaralee
Established Contributor

OK! So I mentioned earlier that we are going to go ahead and close the Arrival and try to move the credit line over to the SM. Current credit line for Arrival is 7k, for SM it is 6k. I sent them a secure message and requested that 6.5k of the Arrival credit line be moved to the SM card. I hope they are able to do this all through secured message because my husband would rather poke his eyes out with a blazing hot poker than put a call into customer service (and these are his accounts). Even asking him to verify himself and give me permission to talk is a major chore for him.

I'll update on what the response is, but I am pretty sure they are going to have us call in.

Also, I know in theory it would be better to get a second Sallie Mae card, but I just cannot get my husband to carry more than one credit card at one time in his wallet. Plus he is all app'd out, so we're going to be in the garden for at least the next year.

Message 887 of 972
dazacman30
Valued Member

DW:   Usair Mastercard opened 08/2013 $3000 limit

Auto CLI 2/2014 new limit $5000

Auto CLI 8/2014 new limit $8000

Me: USAir mastercard opened 05/2014 $5000 limit

Hoping for Auto CLI with this coming statement.. will know in 2 weeks.  

Bouncing back from BK '09
10/2012: 641(EQ) 636(TU) 624(EX)
4/2015: Equifax 694, TU 687, Exp 706
Goal: 700+ all 3 by June 2015
Message 888 of 972
FlawlessShineAutoSpa
Established Contributor

Just received a CLI of $1000... No complaints.... I'm glad that I got my foot in the door with Barclays..

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $2000 •• Cap1 Venture One $10K
Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard $1500 •• Chase Freedom Visa $3500
Cap 1 Quicksilver Visa $5000 •• Cap 1 Quicksilver Mastecard $2000
Syncrhrony $1500 •• Citi Double Cash $1700 •• Cap1 Spark Classic $2000
Credit One Visa $500

Message 889 of 972
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FlawlessShineAutoSpa wrote:

Just received a CLI of $1000... No complaints.... I'm glad that I got my foot in the door with Barclays..

Got the US Airways card(s) in. Smiley Happy

Do they charge the annual fee on the first statement like SWA did?

Message 890 of 972
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.