Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay CC let's put our heads together

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

Most comment that Barclay issued an auto-CLI on the 6th statement.  However, my 8th statement is just about to cut and I have not received any auto-luv yet Smiley Sad

Holiday shopping is about to commence and I could use the extra room to help tame my utilization percentage...

Message 891 of 972
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myjourney wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Sillykitty wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

@Sillykitty wrote:
Just to add a data point ... I was approved for the Barclay WMC, and only given an $800 CL.  I asked for a recon and was increased to $5,000, but apparently they do grant WMC's w less than a $5,000 CL

For clarification, were you specifically approved for a World MasterCard with $800 or just approved and recon prior to the card being issued? A lot of people think Arrival means WMC but there is a Platinum MC so an approval doesn't necessarily mean World.

Oh no!  Mine does say Platinum, not World!  I'll call tomorrow to see what I can do ...

Thanks for pointing that out.  I didn't realize there was even a Platinum option.

IIRC, if you are approved below the WMC threshhold as a Platinum version, you will not be able to PC to WMC.  You'd have to have initially been approved with the appropriate CL assignment ($5K or above) to get the WMC straight out.  Barclays is finicky and not as flexible as other lenders so I'm thinking chances might be slim...on the upside, they granted you $5K.  Best of luck on your follow-up with them.

Correct 

I have applied for the arrival and received a 7-15 day notice, i called couple days latter and was approved for 4k world master card, next day called in and had the line doubled to 8k, so im guessing you can get the WMC with less than 5k initial limit. .

Message 892 of 972
dazacman30
Valued Member

To update my post from the other day.. just signed in andsaw I got my 6 month CLI.. 

initial limit was $5000 , new limit is now $9000 !!! Smiley Very Happy

Bouncing back from BK '09
10/2012: 641(EQ) 636(TU) 624(EX)
4/2015: Equifax 694, TU 687, Exp 706
Goal: 700+ all 3 by June 2015
Message 893 of 972
EW800
Valued Contributor

@dazacman30 wrote:

To update my post from the other day.. just signed in andsaw I got my 6 month CLI.. 

Congratulations!  

If I may ask, what was your average monthly spend on the card out of your $5K CL?  

My 6th statement will be cutting in just over two weeks.  I am hoping for an auto-CLI.  I have PIF with them every month (before statement cut), my scores are around 25 points higher now than when I applied/opened the account and no inquiries at all since opening with them, however what I think may hold me back from an auto-CLI is the fact that I have only been spending $700 to $900 or so a month on the card, out of my $7K limit.  I have a fear that I won't get the aut-CLI since I am only using about 10% of the CL now.  Anyone else in a similar position?

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 894 of 972
abbafan
Regular Contributor

Hey all,

I opened my Barclay Rewards MC in August 2013. Initial cl was $500. Had minimal usage, PIF each month. When my 6th statement closed, applied for cli online and got denied (don't remember the reason. I think it was "too many recent inquiries"). A week after that got auto-cli of $1000, so the cl became $1500. Treated it well, approximately 30%-40% utilization. In September 2014 applied for a cli online (got hit with a hp); requested an $800 increalse but only got approved for an additional $550, so now it's $2050. However, I called the backdoor number and tried to talk to them. They did another hp (so 2 hps in one day!) and saw that I had some unpaid delinquencies from the past and couldn't approve me for more. My thing with Barclay is - NEVER ever initiate cli myself (unless I have minimal inquries).

Discover IT $15500, Barclay Rewards $12380, Barclay Ring $13000, Cap1 Savor $7250, Chase Freedom Unlimited $9000, Best Buy Visa $12000 , Bethpage Low Rate MC - $9000, Bethpage LOC - $15000, CITI Double Cash - $21000
EQ 783
TU 798
EX 767
Message 895 of 972
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, 1 week after getting CLI denied by Barclay's, the wife's Rewards MC gets an auto CLI for $500. $2,000 woooo! Smiley Tongue

Message 896 of 972
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So, 1 week after getting CLI denied by Barclay's, the wife's Rewards MC gets an auto CLI for $500. $2,000 woooo! Smiley Tongue

Nice ... real nice! Congrats, now she can take you out for a treat and not sweat maxing out your cardsSmiley Happy

Message 897 of 972
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice ... real nice! Congrats, now she can take you out for a treat and not sweat maxing out your cardsSmiley Happy

LOL.

Actually, other than the WM card, the Rewards MC was her lowest limit.. Smiley Indifferent

Message 898 of 972
dazacman30
Valued Member

@EW800 wrote:

@dazacman30 wrote:

Congratulations!  

If I may ask, what was your average monthly spend on the card out of your $5K CL?  

My 6th statement will be cutting in just over two weeks.  I am hoping for an auto-CLI.  I have PIF with them every month (before statement cut), my scores are around 25 points higher now than when I applied/opened the account and no inquiries at all since opening with them, however what I think may hold me back from an auto-CLI is the fact that I have only been spending $700 to $900 or so a month on the card, out of my $7K limit.  I have a fear that I won't get the aut-CLI since I am only using about 10% of the CL now.  Anyone else in a similar position?

Monthly spend, always PIF:

month 1 $3500

month 2 $1450

month 3 $1200

month 4 $3800

month 5 $380

month 6 $1100

Bouncing back from BK '09
10/2012: 641(EQ) 636(TU) 624(EX)
4/2015: Equifax 694, TU 687, Exp 706
Goal: 700+ all 3 by June 2015
Message 899 of 972
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

Hi everyone,

I have been away from the board for a while. Staying away from choice so I don't get the app itch Smiley Very Happy But I wanted to add to the data point when it comes to the Barclay's CC stigma.

I have had my Arrival card now for almost a year. And as some of you may know, after i applied for the card, i went on a super duper major app spree. At that time, my concern was getting my account closed for having too many inquiries and added accounts. The advise was to lay low and to just show i am a big boy that can handle a big boy credit card Smiley Very Happy Didn't get any auto cli. Understandble since i did go app crazy after getting approved. $200 remaining balance that i let report each month paid in full a month ago (beating the 0% for the first year deadline).

Fast forward to this month. I requested for a CLI on line, but was told to kick rocks. Less than a week after the request, I get an envelope from them. I thought it was the denial letter. Opened it to confirm that the denial was because of too many inquiries. But nope....it was congratulating me because my cc was upgraded to the World Elite MC version Smiley Very Happy A few days later i got the denial letter. Reason for the denial....already have sufficient credit based on my credit profile.

So I guess there's more to why Barclay would AA an account than what most people think (like too many inquiries and new accounts after getting approved by Barclay = CLD/FR/AA)

Message 900 of 972
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.