Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 31,000
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0 Kudos

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together


FinStar wrote:

Hmmmm... this could be interesting.  Of course, I won't know for sure for the next 4-8 months so we'll see if anything comes about on my Barclays accounts.


We can figure this out for sureSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 464
Registered: ‎06-28-2013
0 Kudos

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

Approved for 1,3k march 2013, did the LUV botton 7/6 they said it was processing, they call me, and declined CLI (I don't balme them!), heavy use aid way more than CLI each month (last month I paid 1650 and reported 250), let's see next cut what happens.

Gardening since 03/25/2016. Discover FICO 705 (4/21/16).
Discover It 2000, Barclay Ring 7100, Capital One QS 7000, Amazon sc 6000, Chase AARP 2500, Barclay Rewards 500
Super Contributor
Posts: 31,000
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0 Kudos

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together


Kutuzov wrote:

Approved for 1,3k march 2013, did the LUV botton 7/6 they said it was processing, they call me, and declined CLI (I don't balme them!), heavy use aid way more than CLI each month (last month I paid 1650 and reported 250), let's see next cut what happens.


Look for results between 5-6 months YMMV tho I saw 1 CLI already I think at 3 months 

So far it looks like they like to see balances on the 0% for CLI's 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Senior Contributor
Posts: 11,485
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0 Kudos

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together


myjourney wrote:

FinStar wrote:

Hmmmm... this could be interesting.  Of course, I won't know for sure for the next 4-8 months so we'll see if anything comes about on my Barclays accounts.


We can figure this out for sureSmiley Wink


Now, the last 5 accounts that I opened around Oct 2012 did not yield any CLD, AA or closure with Barclays...then again I closed a few as well.  If anything, any AA would have happened by now since the last time I checked my CRs, they certainly have been doing plenty of SPs.

Super Contributor
Posts: 31,000
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0 Kudos

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together


FinStar wrote:

myjourney wrote:

FinStar wrote:

Hmmmm... this could be interesting.  Of course, I won't know for sure for the next 4-8 months so we'll see if anything comes about on my Barclays accounts.


We can figure this out for sureSmiley Wink


Now, the last 5 accounts that I opened around Oct 2012 did not yield any CLD, AA or closure with Barclays...then again I closed a few as well.  If anything, any AA would have happened by now since the last time I checked my CRs, they certainly have been doing plenty of SPs.


Who did they SP in your case?

and Thanks for infoSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Contributor
Posts: 119
Registered: ‎06-30-2013
0 Kudos

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

@finstar, when did they start SPing you and how often do they do it? I have had my card for about a month and have been looking but haven't seen a SP yet I have opened a walmart card since and got an acct at DCU....
Gardening until 8/10/2014! I love this forum!!!! EX- 687 TU-688 EQ - 680 ...all pulls 12/2013 (myfico)
Ch 7 discharge - 12/11. Discover $6k, DCU $3k, Barclays rewards $3k, Barclays Sallie Mae $3k Sony Visa $2500 Capital One Quicksilver $5 Capital One Venture One $3k, best buy mastercard1000

Senior Contributor
Posts: 11,485
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0 Kudos

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together


myjourney wrote:

FinStar wrote:

myjourney wrote:

FinStar wrote:

Hmmmm... this could be interesting.  Of course, I won't know for sure for the next 4-8 months so we'll see if anything comes about on my Barclays accounts.


We can figure this out for sureSmiley Wink


Now, the last 5 accounts that I opened around Oct 2012 did not yield any CLD, AA or closure with Barclays...then again I closed a few as well.  If anything, any AA would have happened by now since the last time I checked my CRs, they certainly have been doing plenty of SPs.


Who did they SP in your case?

and Thanks for infoSmiley Wink


They have SP'd for AR on both EX and TU.  EX as recently as Apr... and TU during Jun, Apr, Feb and Nov 2012 for the last 9 months.

Super Contributor
Posts: 31,000
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0 Kudos

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together


FinStar wrote:

myjourney wrote:

FinStar wrote:

myjourney wrote:

FinStar wrote:

Hmmmm... this could be interesting.  Of course, I won't know for sure for the next 4-8 months so we'll see if anything comes about on my Barclays accounts.


We can figure this out for sureSmiley Wink


Now, the last 5 accounts that I opened around Oct 2012 did not yield any CLD, AA or closure with Barclays...then again I closed a few as well.  If anything, any AA would have happened by now since the last time I checked my CRs, they certainly have been doing plenty of SPs.


Who did they SP in your case?

and Thanks for infoSmiley Wink


They have SP'd for AR on both EX and TU.  EX as recently as Apr... and TU during Jun, Apr, Feb and Nov 2012 for the last 9 months.


Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Contributor
Posts: 119
Registered: ‎06-30-2013
0 Kudos

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

Thanks, fin!!!!
Gardening until 8/10/2014! I love this forum!!!! EX- 687 TU-688 EQ - 680 ...all pulls 12/2013 (myfico)
Ch 7 discharge - 12/11. Discover $6k, DCU $3k, Barclays rewards $3k, Barclays Sallie Mae $3k Sony Visa $2500 Capital One Quicksilver $5 Capital One Venture One $3k, best buy mastercard1000

Regular Contributor
Posts: 180
Registered: ‎12-19-2012
0 Kudos

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

For me April for ex. May for tu . May was the one they used for auto cli. I was 5 months clean. I did forget to mention i got auto loan in January. Tu was froze so no inquiries on tu for that purchase.
AMEX B SKY-1K AMEX PRG- NPSL USAA PLTM -6K
DISCOVER IT- 5.2K BARCLAY REWARD- 3.2K
PAYPAL REWARDS -6K VICTORIA SECRETS -1750
USAA AMEX-5.5K CITI TY PREFR 3.1K(NPSL) CHASE FREEDOM -1K
SPORTSMAN VISA- 8K AMEX ED PRFD- 8.5

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.