Valued Contributor
djc1puno

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

here's mine...

-opened: feb 2013

-cl: 1300

-arried a balance all these months...with highest reported at 1260 (bad timing...both of my kids birthdays and didn't pay it down til after the cut off date)

-current balance about 100

-after 5 months still no CLI, but i'm hoping by the 6tth statement

-put about 20 transactions per month

-2 new inqs: 1 for a capone cli in march; another in june for banking (penfed)

-1 new account after approval: student loan consolidation

-scores have jumped about 60 pts on each cr since application

hope this helps buddy :smileywink:

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Valued Contributor
djc1puno

oh...and they've pulled each of my cr since then....with the last being on EQ

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

djc1puno wrote:

here's mine...

-opened: feb 2013

-cl: 1300

-arried a balance all these months...with highest reported at 1260 (bad timing...both of my kids birthdays and didn't pay it down til after the cut off date)

-current balance about 100

-after 5 months still no CLI, but i'm hoping by the 6tth statement

-put about 20 transactions per month

-2 new inqs: 1 for a capone cli in march; another in june for banking (penfed)

-1 new account after approval: student loan consolidation

-scores have jumped about 60 pts on each cr since application

hope this helps buddy :smileywink:

:smileywink: I hope so too

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13

Super Contributor
enharu

Got my Barclays Arrival April 2013.

I am at approx 45-50% utilization right now. 

Barclays card is at bout 3-5% utilization (don't really use it much, just for random stuff that doesn't fall under any bonus category. using it solely to show usage). 

2 other cards maxed out.

No AA (yet) on any card.

This is just a one time thing though. Was trying to let some cards report a high "high balance" and used some others at a wrong timing.

New statement for Discover, Freedom, Amex, US Bank and Citi cuts latter this week, CSP next. Everything should report 0 balance by the end of the month except for WF, Chase Amazon and Barclays.

Hopefully I can survive past this month.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

enharu wrote:

Got my Barclays Arrival April 2013.

I am at approx 45-50% utilization right now. 

Barclays card is at bout 3-5% utilization (don't really use it much, just for random stuff that doesn't fall under any bonus category. using it solely to show usage). 

2 other cards maxed out.

No AA (yet) on any card.

This is just a one time thing though. Was trying to let some cards report a high "high balance" and used some others at a wrong timing.

New statement for Discover, Freedom, Amex, US Bank and Citi cuts latter this week, CSP next. Everything should report 0 balance by the end of the month except for WF, Chase Amazon and Barclays.

Hopefully I can survive past this month.

Thanks I think you will be fine 

Last 5 apps 6/13

Super Contributor
enharu

hopefully!

I'm checking my account everytime I read one of those AA stories lol.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Valued Contributor
FinStar

enharu wrote:

hopefully!

I think you should be fine enharu.  I check mine periodically as well... just in case :-)

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

FinStar wrote:

enharu wrote:

hopefully!

I think you should be fine enharu.  I check mine periodically as well... just in case :-)

I guess i'm in ...I did too until they gave me the auto CLI....now I just say they wil do what they do...Lol

Last 5 apps 6/13

Established Contributor
compassion101

My situation may seem a bit strange for a CLI.

Apped in jul '12 for barclay reward mastercard approved for 5k with 0% BT and purchases for 15 months. Transferred 4k in first month. Every month since then I use it for about 400-800 in purchases and pay it back down to 4k after statement. Have never requested a CLI, but after 12 months I got a letter saying approved for a CLI to 8k. I was kinda surprised given the high util (I can pay off all my balances tomorrow if I wanted to, but I doubt Barclays know that) but happy because I like the card and will continue to use it, particularly for groceries and utilities and gas when chase/discover don't have the 5% deals. I was planning to use it a little more after I paid down the balance when the 0% goes away, but now with the extra 3k increase I can use it a little more now.

I have about 40% total util and 85% on barclay before the increase. All my util is at 0% interest and I make good financial use of the extra cashflow, but I have the money to pay everything off tomorrow if I chose to. I plan to pay off the Barclaycard in full after the 0% expires and probably use it more in my rotation of chase/discover/barclay. In fact, with Chase getting rid of the 10/10 Barclays may soon become my #1 monthly usage.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

compassion101 wrote:

My situation may seem a bit strange for a CLI.

Apped in jul '12 for barclay reward mastercard approved for 5k with 0% BT and purchases for 15 months. Transferred 4k in first month. Every month since then I use it for about 400-800 in purchases and pay it back down to 4k after statement. Have never requested a CLI, but after 12 months I got a letter saying approved for a CLI to 8k. I was kinda surprised given the high util (I can pay off all my balances tomorrow if I wanted to, but I doubt Barclays know that) but happy because I like the card and will continue to use it, particularly for groceries and utilities and gas when chase/discover don't have the 5% deals. I was planning to use it a little more after I paid down the balance when the 0% goes away, but now with the extra 3k increase I can use it a little more now.

I have about 40% total util and 85% on barclay before the increase. All my util is at 0% interest and I make good financial use of the extra cashflow, but I have the money to pay everything off tomorrow if I chose to. I plan to pay off the Barclaycard in full after the 0% expires and probably use it more in my rotation of chase/discover/barclay. In fact, with Chase getting rid of the 10/10 Barclays may soon become my #1 monthly usage.

Wow 

I do see one trend so far Barclay seems to give CLI's if carrying a balance even tho it's at 0%....hummm 

Thanks 

Last 5 apps 6/13

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}