Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,715
Registered: ‎03-07-2013
0 Kudos

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

here's mine...

 

-opened: feb 2013

-cl: 1300

-arried a balance all these months...with highest reported at 1260 (bad timing...both of my kids birthdays and didn't pay it down til after the cut off date)

-current balance about 100

-after 5 months still no CLI, but i'm hoping by the 6tth statement

-put about 20 transactions per month

-2 new inqs: 1 for a capone cli in march; another in june for banking (penfed)

-1 new account after approval: student loan consolidation

-scores have jumped about 60 pts on each cr since application

 

hope this helps buddy Smiley Wink



GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,715
Registered: ‎03-07-2013
0 Kudos

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

oh...and they've pulled each of my cr since then....with the last being on EQ



GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Super Contributor
Posts: 31,000
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0 Kudos

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together


djc1puno wrote:

here's mine...

 

-opened: feb 2013

-cl: 1300

-arried a balance all these months...with highest reported at 1260 (bad timing...both of my kids birthdays and didn't pay it down til after the cut off date)

-current balance about 100

-after 5 months still no CLI, but i'm hoping by the 6tth statement

-put about 20 transactions per month

-2 new inqs: 1 for a capone cli in march; another in june for banking (penfed)

-1 new account after approval: student loan consolidation

-scores have jumped about 60 pts on each cr since application

 

hope this helps buddy Smiley Wink


Smiley Wink I hope so too

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Super Contributor
Posts: 7,132
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0 Kudos

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

Got my Barclays Arrival April 2013.

I am at approx 45-50% utilization right now. 

Barclays card is at bout 3-5% utilization (don't really use it much, just for random stuff that doesn't fall under any bonus category. using it solely to show usage). 

2 other cards maxed out.

No AA (yet) on any card.

 

This is just a one time thing though. Was trying to let some cards report a high "high balance" and used some others at a wrong timing.

New statement for Discover, Freedom, Amex, US Bank and Citi cuts latter this week, CSP next. Everything should report 0 balance by the end of the month except for WF, Chase Amazon and Barclays.

 

Hopefully I can survive past this month.

 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Super Contributor
Posts: 31,000
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0 Kudos

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together


enharu wrote:

Got my Barclays Arrival April 2013.

I am at approx 45-50% utilization right now. 

Barclays card is at bout 3-5% utilization (don't really use it much, just for random stuff that doesn't fall under any bonus category. using it solely to show usage). 

2 other cards maxed out.

No AA (yet) on any card.

 

This is just a one time thing though. Was trying to let some cards report a high "high balance" and used some others at a wrong timing.

New statement for Discover, Freedom, Amex, US Bank and Citi cuts latter this week, CSP next. Everything should report 0 balance by the end of the month except for WF, Chase Amazon and Barclays.

 

Hopefully I can survive past this month.

 


Thanks I think you will be fine 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Super Contributor
Posts: 7,132
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0 Kudos

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

hopefully!

I'm checking my account everytime I read one of those AA stories lol.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Senior Contributor
Posts: 11,485
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0 Kudos

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together


enharu wrote:

hopefully!

I'm checking my account everytime I read one of those AA stories lol.


I think you should be fine enharu.  I check mine periodically as well... just in case :-)

 

Super Contributor
Posts: 31,000
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0 Kudos

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together


FinStar wrote:

enharu wrote:

hopefully!

I'm checking my account everytime I read one of those AA stories lol.


I think you should be fine enharu.  I check mine periodically as well... just in case :-)

 


I guess i'm in ...I did too until they gave me the auto CLI....now I just say they wil do what they do...Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Established Contributor
Posts: 752
Registered: ‎06-06-2012
0 Kudos

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

My situation may seem a bit strange for a CLI.

 

Apped in jul '12 for barclay reward mastercard approved for 5k with 0% BT and purchases for 15 months. Transferred 4k in first month. Every month since then I use it for about 400-800 in purchases and pay it back down to 4k after statement. Have never requested a CLI, but after 12 months I got a letter saying approved for a CLI to 8k. I was kinda surprised given the high util (I can pay off all my balances tomorrow if I wanted to, but I doubt Barclays know that) but happy because I like the card and will continue to use it, particularly for groceries and utilities and gas when chase/discover don't have the 5% deals. I was planning to use it a little more after I paid down the balance when the 0% goes away, but now with the extra 3k increase I can use it a little more now.

 

I have about 40% total util and 85% on barclay before the increase. All my util is at 0% interest and I make good financial use of the extra cashflow, but I have the money to pay everything off tomorrow if I chose to. I plan to pay off the Barclaycard in full after the 0% expires and probably use it more in my rotation of chase/discover/barclay. In fact, with Chase getting rid of the 10/10 Barclays may soon become my #1 monthly usage.

Super Contributor
Posts: 31,000
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0 Kudos

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together


compassion101 wrote:

My situation may seem a bit strange for a CLI.

 

Apped in jul '12 for barclay reward mastercard approved for 5k with 0% BT and purchases for 15 months. Transferred 4k in first month. Every month since then I use it for about 400-800 in purchases and pay it back down to 4k after statement. Have never requested a CLI, but after 12 months I got a letter saying approved for a CLI to 8k. I was kinda surprised given the high util (I can pay off all my balances tomorrow if I wanted to, but I doubt Barclays know that) but happy because I like the card and will continue to use it, particularly for groceries and utilities and gas when chase/discover don't have the 5% deals. I was planning to use it a little more after I paid down the balance when the 0% goes away, but now with the extra 3k increase I can use it a little more now.

 

I have about 40% total util and 85% on barclay before the increase. All my util is at 0% interest and I make good financial use of the extra cashflow, but I have the money to pay everything off tomorrow if I chose to. I plan to pay off the Barclaycard in full after the 0% expires and probably use it more in my rotation of chase/discover/barclay. In fact, with Chase getting rid of the 10/10 Barclays may soon become my #1 monthly usage.


Wow 

I do see one trend so far Barclay seems to give CLI's if carrying a balance even tho it's at 0%....hummm 

Thanks 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.