Reply
Regular Contributor
staifokuzed
Posts: 180
Registered: ‎12-19-2012
0

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

Boost disappeared for me as well. I emailed and was told my account was not eligible and that they would email me once i was eligible. But i used it a month prior. I chalked it up as a whatever. Funny thing it is listed on my statements.
AMEX B SKY-1K AMEX PRG- NPSL USAA PLTM -6K
DISCOVER IT- 5.2K BARCLAY REWARD- 3.2K
PAYPAL REWARDS -6K VICTORIA SECRETS -1750
USAA AMEX-5.5K CITI TY PREFR 3.1K(NPSL) CHASE FREEDOM -1K
SPORTSMAN VISA- 8K AMEX ED PRFD- 8.5
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 26,659
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together


Simply827 wrote:

Here's what Barclays thinks:

 

We define “bad behavior” as:

  • Credit losses or charge offs – these are balances charged by our cardmembers who subsequently stopped making monthly payments
  • Balance attrition - these are balances that, for example, were charged by our cardmembers who then decided to  transfer them to another lender
  • Inactivity – opening a card but never using it to make purchases or transfer balances

And the “good behavior” is:

  • Carrying a balance and making at least a minimum payment every month (to avoid becoming a credit loss)
  • Transferring a balance to our card -  from another lender’s card
  • Actively using the card every month

Wow this seems to fit the pattern we have found so far

Much thanks 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13


Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 26,659
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together


staifokuzed wrote:
Boost disappeared for me as well. I emailed and was told my account was not eligible and that they would email me once i was eligible. But i used it a month prior. I chalked it up as a whatever. Funny thing it is listed on my statements.

Do you all still get the emails for Boost?

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13


Valued Contributor
djc1puno
Posts: 1,715
Registered: ‎03-07-2013
0

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

Sorry...whats the boost program? Is that only for specific barclay card?


GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Valued Contributor
armbenderc
Posts: 1,339
Registered: ‎09-11-2012
0

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

This thread is very interesting.
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Regular Contributor
staifokuzed
Posts: 180
Registered: ‎12-19-2012
0

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together

Simply is that a legit list from Barclay. Cause that explains them to a T. Seems that is the algorithms that the boss aka computer follows. The analyst don't really agree with it so that is why they have such a good recon. Really this computer has to be cracked. A year from now there will be long guide to Barclay computers similar to that of Amex....
AMEX B SKY-1K AMEX PRG- NPSL USAA PLTM -6K
DISCOVER IT- 5.2K BARCLAY REWARD- 3.2K
PAYPAL REWARDS -6K VICTORIA SECRETS -1750
USAA AMEX-5.5K CITI TY PREFR 3.1K(NPSL) CHASE FREEDOM -1K
SPORTSMAN VISA- 8K AMEX ED PRFD- 8.5
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 26,659
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together


djc1puno wrote:
Sorry...whats the boost program? Is that only for specific barclay card?

You get extra points for shopping online 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13


Frequent Contributor
pt310
Posts: 380
Registered: ‎05-03-2013
0

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together


myjourney wrote:

Simply827 wrote:

Here's what Barclays thinks:

 

We define “bad behavior” as:

  • Credit losses or charge offs – these are balances charged by our cardmembers who subsequently stopped making monthly payments
  • Balance attrition - these are balances that, for example, were charged by our cardmembers who then decided to  transfer them to another lender
  • Inactivity – opening a card but never using it to make purchases or transfer balances

And the “good behavior” is:

  • Carrying a balance and making at least a minimum payment every month (to avoid becoming a credit loss)
  • Transferring a balance to our card -  from another lender’s card
  • Actively using the card every month

Wow this seems to fit the pattern we have found so far

Much thanks 


Whew! They gave me a 0% BT offer a couple of months ago, and I took advantage of it. Maybe I'll be safe, then. :smileywink:



In the Garden since 7/3/13
Latest Scores: 749 EQ MyFico 8/5/13 | 766 TU Wally Aug '13 | 732 CK Fako 8/7/13 | 776 CS Fako 8/6/13
Goal: 780+ and my own house by next summer!
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 26,659
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together


armbenderc wrote:
This thread is very interesting.

Yes it is and getting even better in answering our questions:smileywink:

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13


Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 26,659
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Barclay CC let's put our heads together


staifokuzed wrote:
Simply is that a legit list from Barclay. Cause that explains them to a T. Seems that is the algorithms that the boss aka computer follows. The analyst don't really agree with it so that is why they have such a good recon. Really this computer has to be cracked. A year from now there will be long guide to Barclay computers similar to that of Amex....

Fits them to a tee we may have found some true answers 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13



myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}