Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Cards

What are my chances on getting approved for another Barclay card..... Right now I have a Apple Visa from them... my TU fico is 692... the last card I opened showing on my report was in august... Do you think I can get approved for anoher card and which one if so?

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
theeurotuner
Valued Member

Re: Barclay Cards

Many factors besides Fico Score with Barclay. They are EXTREMELY sensitive to HP's and Utilization. They are also sensitive to new accounts.

How many inquiries in the past 12 months? How many new accounts have you opened in the last 2 years? What's your utilization?

Amex BCP- 1k, Amex EDP - 15k, Amex PRG, Barclays Ring - 10k, Barclays Arrival Plus World Elite - 12k, Chase Freedom - 5k, Discover it - 15k, Discover Escape: 17k, USAA World MasterCard: 10k, Walmart - 7,500, P.C. Richards - 5k, Lowes - 9k, Bank Of America 1 2 3 Cash - 15K, Amazon - 7,500K ~~~ Fico - TU-759, EQ-720, EX-751
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@theeurotuner wrote:

Many factors besides Fico Score with Barclay. They are EXTREMELY sensitive to HP's and Utilization. They are also sensitive to new accounts.

How many inquiries in the past 12 months? How many new accounts have you opened in the last 2 years? What's your utilization?

5 accounts open last year with 5 inquiries 2 from Barclay with the last one done in August

Message 3 of 21
theeurotuner
Valued Member

I would NOT apply for a barclay card with 5 new cards in the last 2 years. They won't even consider a recon.

Amex BCP- 1k, Amex EDP - 15k, Amex PRG, Barclays Ring - 10k, Barclays Arrival Plus World Elite - 12k, Chase Freedom - 5k, Discover it - 15k, Discover Escape: 17k, USAA World MasterCard: 10k, Walmart - 7,500, P.C. Richards - 5k, Lowes - 9k, Bank Of America 1 2 3 Cash - 15K, Amazon - 7,500K ~~~ Fico - TU-759, EQ-720, EX-751
Message 4 of 21
Coolermaster007
Contributor

Blow your TU inquiries away their not worth as much as EX or EQ these days that way you know where you stand go after what you want Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 21
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@theeurotuner wrote:

I would NOT apply for a barclay card with 5 new cards in the last 2 years. They won't even consider a recon.

Inaccurate.  If you have at least six months history, you can apply.  I got sallie Mae at 6 months post Aviator, 6 cards approved in past year, and one hidden tradeline.

scores matter.  I wanted the sallie Mae, and it was going away.  Pick a card that is useful to you.  Quicksilver kinda wins over their cash forward card, the ring is good for low apr.  do not app just to get a card.  Have a purpose in mind.  My two cents.

Signature needs updating
Message 6 of 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

TU score wise you look good 

The only part that's YMMV is they tend to like 6 months with them before next card 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 21
Coolermaster007
Contributor

He's confused w/ chase 5/24 rule app away brother Smiley Very Happy
Message 8 of 21
theeurotuner
Valued Member

I wasn't saying 2 years with barclay. He opened 5 new accounts with other banks in the last 2 years. Going by his sig, many are in the later half of 2015. Barclay is new account sensitive.

Message 9 of 21
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@theeurotuner wrote:

I wasn't saying 2 years with barclay. He opened 5 new accounts with other banks in the last 2 years. Going by his sig, many are in the later half of 2015. Barclay is new account sensitive.

And my experience says otherwise, but scores were really good upon approvals.

Signature needs updating
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.