Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Recon Help

tag
mystikal1
Established Contributor

Barclay Recon Help

I thought I was done with apps for awhile but I seen the NFL card with 0% BT....I apped and was denied. Any advise on the best way to recon it? Scores are 650-670 range util is about 50%.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclay Recon Help

@mystikal1 wrote:

I thought I was done with apps for awhile but I seen the NFL card with 0% BT....I apped and was denied. Any advise on the best way to recon it? Scores are 650-670 range util is about 50%.

The utlization alone is going to be killer if you attempt any reconsideration efforts.  Are those your actual FICO scores?  Also, what else is holding those scores down, any negatives on your CRs?  What about your AAoA and how many other cards do you have?

Message 2 of 6
Scupra
Super Contributor

Explain you want to do a BT and start a relationship with a great bank!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like Scupra said, explaining why you want the card and having them take a look at your report can really help. I did a recon for my Arrival+ and was approved because of paying down a large balance and essentially being nice to the girl. It just really depends.
Message 4 of 6
mystikal1
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone. It was a no go..So I will continue to pay everything down and try agsin next year. Going to figure out what cards I want in my next APP spree.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mystikal1 wrote:

Thanks everyone. It was a no go..So I will continue to pay everything down and try agsin next year. Going to figure out what cards I want in my next APP spree.

Good choice. Garden now and plan your app future while you continue to grow your relationships with current lenders Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.