cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay after IIB? How is their recon dept?

tag
Justrebuilding
Regular Contributor

Barclay after IIB? How is their recon dept?

I really want the Sallie Mae MC or the Arrival before I return to the garden. I applied for the SM last year and was denied, when I called they mentioned the BK from 08 and past history with them. They were IIB for about 1k. This was just the cs, not an analyst on the backdoor number. Wondering how long that will be a sticking point with them, anyone successful after IIB?

Chase Sapphire Reserve 10k Cap 1 QS 15K, Cap 1 QS 5K, Cap 1 QS 4K, Cap 1 QS 4K, GE Care Cr 7K NFCU Cash Rewards 10K Walmart 1.3K NavCheck 5K Freedom 6K Freedom 2.5K Hyatt 4K Sallie Mae 5K Barclay Rewards 3K Macy's 1K
US Airways 1.5K, Discover 8K,
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
policebox
Contributor

Re: Barclay after IIB? How is their recon dept?

Here is my experience. I opened a Juniper Account with them in 2006. I let the account charge off in 2008 for $2.5k. The account was IIB which was discharged this past September 2013. I applied for their Rewards MasterCard in January and was instantly approved for a $2k credit line.

Message 2 of 10
Justrebuilding
Regular Contributor

@policebox wrote:

Here is my experience. I opened a Juniper Account with them in 2006. I let the account charge off in 2008 for $2.5k. The account was IIB which was discharged this past September 2013. I applied for their Rewards MasterCard in January and was instantly approved for a $2k credit line.

Thanks! This is the type of feedback I was looking for. I'm still on the fence!

Chase Sapphire Reserve 10k Cap 1 QS 15K, Cap 1 QS 5K, Cap 1 QS 4K, Cap 1 QS 4K, GE Care Cr 7K NFCU Cash Rewards 10K Walmart 1.3K NavCheck 5K Freedom 6K Freedom 2.5K Hyatt 4K Sallie Mae 5K Barclay Rewards 3K Macy's 1K
Message 3 of 10
Longroad
Established Contributor

Not sure about their outlook on the IIB situation, but I have had great luck with their recon. Good luck

Message 4 of 10
elbori357
Regular Contributor

I was conditionally approved but they wanted me to send in my social security card and a drivers license via regular mail. I called the number on the letter I got yesterday and it took me to their security department. I asked them if I could send my information via a more secure way fax, secure email, email but their answer was that it had to be sent via regular mail. Unfortunately I'm not risking my identity for a credit card. Would like to know if there is a number I could call other than the one on the letter to solve this issue.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks

MyFico Pull: TU 838 EFX 841, EX 840. (14 Aug 2020) House Mortage $305k, Car Lease $60,000, AMEX ED 33,000, NFCU Signature Visa $68,000, Lowes Visa 25,000, Cap One Venture $48,000, Navcheck $15,000, Barclay WEMC Arrival+ $41,000, Cap1 Quicksilver Visa $12,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred 15k, Best Buy $19,800, . Overall Util. 2%
Message 5 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Now i really hate Barclay's.
Never burned them ever, have a spotless CR with yes some new TL's but solid history before those, and that pathetic bunch denied a Sallie Mae and i reconned them 3 times.

But it is the prerogative to pick n choose any way they see fit.
Message 6 of 10
Justrebuilding
Regular Contributor

So I took the plunge and applied for the Sallie Mae. Got the 10 day message. Called the backdoor number and it turns out it was just a security thing. Answered their questions and approved for 3k! Now I'm off to the garden until Dec/Jan!

Message 7 of 10
Justrebuilding
Regular Contributor

@elbori357 wrote:

I was conditionally approved but they wanted me to send in my social security card and a drivers license via regular mail. I called the number on the letter I got yesterday and it took me to their security department. I asked them if I could send my information via a more secure way fax, secure email, email but their answer was that it had to be sent via regular mail. Unfortunately I'm not risking my identity for a credit card. Would like to know if there is a number I could call other than the one on the letter to solve this issue.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks

If I were going to do this, I would send via certified mail or FedEx so you have some tracking and don't have to worry about it getting lost in the mail. 

Message 8 of 10
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

@Justrebuilding wrote:
So I took the plunge and applied for the Sallie Mae. Got the 10 day message. Called the backdoor number and it turns out it was just a security thing. Answered their questions and approved for 3k! Now I'm off to the garden until Dec/Jan!

Congrats on the approval, WTG

best of luck to you!!

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 9 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Justrebuilding wrote:

Enjoy Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.