Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BarclayCard Odds?

tag
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: BarclayCard Odds?

Just my opinion, as I'm in process of rebuilding like you. I could not get huge SL on any CCs. Therefore is best to go with banks that use SP for CLI like (CapOne, Discover, AMEX etc..) instead of HP such as FNBO and Barclay.

With in the past 11months that I got my CapOne, I did 3CLI and 1 for L&T CC. 2 CLI on Discover, and 1 CLI for AMEX (only 2mo old card). That's over 6 SP that could have been HP less then a year. I am planning to request more CLI in 6 months and so on.

I'm not even going to attempt to go for FNBO CLI or my Barclay unless they give me CLI themselves. Just not worth the HP for small CLI.

Hopefully in few years that my CR is clear and I have high limit CCs, the ones that are lagging behind and are stingy going to get canceled.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't get Barclay to approve me for anything. I app'd last month for the Rewards and was told no due to a $70 medical collection. I paid the collection, waited 30 days, got my Tu score over 620 and app'd for Apple. Again, denied. Called for recon and was told I have too many inquiries(11). I explained that I am rebuilding and my report shows a perfect payment history on my other cards. Denied. Said I would be happy with a small credit line. Denied. So frustrating. My TU is 622, my income is over $100k and my utilization is under 10% on a little over $15k in available credit. It seems they want people with perfect credit or people with very little to no credit. Those with some wear and tear are kicked to the curb.

Message 12 of 16
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

They're just very conservative and they don't like a lot of new accounts in the last six months prior to you apping with them. Just the way they are. Also they like a good solid TU score, probably 670+.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 13 of 16
rrdm78
Regular Contributor

I appilied for the apple rewards yesterday and Tu score is 628. I was approved  for $2000 . My Tu report is the worst I have one unpaid collection and 3 paid judgements.i also have 27 inquires as well. I have been denied before in the past.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rrdm78 wrote:

I appilied for the apple rewards yesterday and Tu score is 628. I was approved  for $2000 . My Tu report is the worst I have one unpaid collection and 3 paid judgements.i also have 27 inquires as well. I have been denied before in the past.

Thanks rrdm78,

That particular card doesn't come up for me on the Pre-Qual site and I don't use Apple products so those rewards don't mean anything to me (or have I missed something with their rewards? It is for Apple products right? I just never fell for the "I" cult so we are andriod.)

But I do appreciate your reply about your score, Inq's, PR's, etc. I think they are a benefit to some and it's good to know some people are getting Barclay products with a record like that.

Message 15 of 16
rrdm78
Regular Contributor

I was turned down for the Barclay rewards because do too many inquires.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.