Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Denied

tag
LadyVee
Regular Contributor

Barclaycard Denied

Ok so I really wanted a Barclay card and applied today but I was given the 7-10 day message. I called to get reconsideration but unfortunately I wasn't successful. The reason given was that I have some old charge-off credit cards that are still reporting a balance. So oh well I guess it's just not time yet so maybe in the future.

Starting Score: 485 (CK TU)
Current Score: 698 (TU FICO); 685 (EX FICO) 687 (EQ FICO)
Goal Scores: 750 (TU FICO); 750 (EX FICO); 750 (EQ FICO)

Current Cards:
AMEX Gold: NPSL, AMEX BCE: 1000, BARCLAY APPLE: 2000, CITI DC: 2250, CHASE CSP: 7400, CAP1 SAVOR: 12000, CAP1 VENTURE: 10000, CAP1 QS: 6500, CAP1 QS1: 3300,
DISC IT: 1400, MERRICK: 2200, PAYPAL CREDIT: 3000,
US BANK CASH+: 5000, WALMART: 5000, TARGET MC: 4000, ANN TAYLOR: 6000, VS: 6000, EXPRESS: 5000, NY&CO: 4000, SMILE GEN: 1500
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Denied

@LadyVee wrote:
Ok so I really wanted a Barclay card and applied today but I was given the 7-10 day message. I called to get reconsideration but unfortunately I wasn't successful. The reason given was that I have some old charge-off credit cards that are still reporting a balance. So oh well I guess it's just not time yet so maybe in the future.

Sorry about that 

Focus on the baddies PFD and give it another shot

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with @MyJourney... Focus on removing the baddies and you will be in a much better position.

Message 3 of 18
LadyVee
Regular Contributor

I called again today to try and recon and was still denied. The reason this time was that they wanted to see a little more time of good payment history on my current credit cards. He stated that he wanted a little more mileage between by bad charge-off accounts and my good accounts. So oh well, I will eventually try again sometime down the road.

Starting Score: 485 (CK TU)
Current Score: 698 (TU FICO); 685 (EX FICO) 687 (EQ FICO)
Goal Scores: 750 (TU FICO); 750 (EX FICO); 750 (EQ FICO)

Current Cards:
AMEX Gold: NPSL, AMEX BCE: 1000, BARCLAY APPLE: 2000, CITI DC: 2250, CHASE CSP: 7400, CAP1 SAVOR: 12000, CAP1 VENTURE: 10000, CAP1 QS: 6500, CAP1 QS1: 3300,
DISC IT: 1400, MERRICK: 2200, PAYPAL CREDIT: 3000,
US BANK CASH+: 5000, WALMART: 5000, TARGET MC: 4000, ANN TAYLOR: 6000, VS: 6000, EXPRESS: 5000, NY&CO: 4000, SMILE GEN: 1500
Message 4 of 18
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@LadyVee wrote:
I called again today to try and recon and was still denied. The reason this time was that they wanted to see a little more time of good payment history on my current credit cards. He stated that he wanted a little more mileage between by bad charge-off accounts and my good accounts. So oh well, I will eventually try again sometime down the road.

Don't feel to bad. I have no baddies but a lot of inq's and my scores is all around 730 and get denied from them all the time. Been wanting the SM but they hate me.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LadyVee wrote:

Try not to get too frustrated and keep your head up!  Just keep doing what they want to see and you'll get there!

Message 6 of 18
myjourney
Super Contributor

@LadyVee wrote:

LadyVee have you been working on CR's in the mean time? Trust me that's the key to open all doors

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

@LadyVee wrote:

LadyVee have you been working on CR's in the mean time? Trust me that's the key to open all doors

I agree.  The more optimal your profile becomes OP the greater the possibility for an approval.

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@LadyVee wrote:

Don't feel to bad. I have no baddies but a lot of inq's and my scores is all around 730 and get denied from them all the time. Been wanting the SM but they hate me.

Don't give up on them.  I thought they hated me too.  Turns out it just takes some time.  Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 18
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Sorry to hear OP. Just address those baddies and build more history and the results will come. Smiley Happy

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.