Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays AA Red Aviator, Amex Delta Gold and Uber Visa, what are my chances

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays AA Red Aviator, Amex Delta Gold and Uber Visa, what are my chances

Hey there everyone,

I have been really narrowing things down on which Rewards and Travel cards to get and came up with these 3. DP's are below but how do you feel my chances are? Been working hard these past almost 2 years and from scores in the mid 400's to now in the upper 600's and will get higer as of next week by hopefully (guessing of course) 25 to 35 points as I will (have just the other day)  pay down 1 of 2 cc that has a UTI of 85% which hopefully will be about 10 to 15%. Really love the value these cards will bring if I can get approved for them with my scores and history. What do you guys think. And just recently join not 3 days ago on here lol! Figured since I read a lot on these forums for the past couple months, why not join! Jeez right!!!Smiley Very Happy

Fico 8 score(s) 

TU  684 EQ 656 EX 658

Fico 2 Bank Card Scores

TU 681 Eq 652 EX 655

-No Collections (But I do have 1 Repo as it is 6 years old and due to fall off in Jan 03 2018)

1 Auto loan  since 2013 with 1 late payment  of 10 months ago ( mention before in another post that father and grandfather died in same month, very hard and tough month with bill, but thing are great now) billers were totally undertanding.

-Cap 1 QS 19 month aged at 1500.00/ 400.0 Balance 22% uti (This card was a regular Plat to start back in 2015, now upgraded)

-Cap 1 QS1 9 months aged at 1500.00/ 120.00 balance 9% uti (was 1260.00 balance but paid it down yesterday and wait for stament cut to post and score to change.)

- 2 inquiries across all 3 credit B. ( Last app was back in Feb when I got the QS1)

15 REPLIES 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclays AA Red Aviator, Amex Delta Gold and Uber Visa, what are my chances

With regards to Amex you are borderline with an Exp of 655... As long as you haven't burnt Amex in the past and you beleive you said youare paying down 1-2 CC down from 85% to 15%ish % you should certainly get a score boost by doing that so I think you will be good if you haven't had a BK in the past 5 years and haven't burnt Amex before in a CO/CA, etc.  You should be good to go with that if you want it as this will be an Experian pull.

With regards to the AA Aviator and Uber card they are both underwritten by Barclay's and typical barclay's rule is one card every 6 monts with them meaning you gotta pick one or the other for now.  AA card has a 60k I believe sign-up bonus and meh rewards after paying the AF which is good if you fly AA alot or just want the bonus where-as the Uber card has a 100 sign-up bonus for spending 500 with no AF.  This card offer 4% on food and 3% on airfare, etc..and 2% back on whatever category so choose which card will serve you better and apply for only one as the other will be denied.  Your TU will get you approved for either of those cards, just make sure you pay down your utilization first on the 85% cards and it reports or you most likely will be shot down for utilization on either card if you apply near being maxed on those cards.  99% chance Barclay's will pull TU.

Hope this helps and let us know the results after you get your utilization down and apply.

Message 2 of 16
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey there everyone,

I have been really narrowing things down on which Rewards and Travel cards to get and came up with these 3. DP's are below but how do you feel my chances are? Been working hard these past almost 2 years and from scores in the mid 400's to now in the upper 600's and will get higer as of next week by hopefully (guessing of course) 25 to 35 points as I will (have just the other day)  pay down 1 of 2 cc that has a UTI of 85% which hopefully will be about 10 to 15%. Really love the value these cards will bring if I can get approved for them with my scores and history. What do you guys think. And just recently join not 3 days ago on here lol! Figured since I read a lot on these forums for the past couple months, why not join! Jeez right!!!Smiley Very Happy

Fico 8 score(s) 

TU  684 EQ 656 EX 658

Fico 2 Bank Card Scores

TU 681 Eq 652 EX 655

-No Collections (But I do have 1 Repo as it is 6 years old and due to fall off in Jan 03 2018)

1 Auto loan  since 2013 with 1 late payment  of 10 months ago ( mention before in another post that father and grandfather died in same month, very hard and tough month with bill, but thing are great now) billers were totally undertanding.

-Cap 1 QS 19 month aged at 1500.00/ 400.0 Balance 22% uti (This card was a regular Plat to start back in 2015, now upgraded)

-Cap 1 QS1 9 months aged at 1500.00/ 120.00 balance 9% uti (was 1260.00 balance but paid it down yesterday and wait for stament cut to post and score to change.)

- 2 inquiries across all 3 credit B. ( Last app was back in Feb when I got the QS1)

IMHO apply for the Uber card only.

If you get it, fine.

If you don't get it, call a credit analyst at Barclay's at one of the 'backdoor' numbers and ask them to reconsider.

Win, lose, or draw, don't apply for anything else for at least 3 months +.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the Aviator less than 3 months after getting Arrival+.  I don't think the 6 months rule is true at all. 

Message 4 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I got the Aviator less than 3 months after getting Arrival+.  I don't think the 6 months rule is true at all. 

All depends on profile they might of loosened up on it from what it use to be.  As I got the uber card 5 months after the AA card with them.. Alot of times being 2-3 months must recon and possibly move CL's around to get account open vs. instant approval.  As always profiles are a YMMV, but to be safe I suggest 6 months between applications.  Whether one tends to take the advise is another story.  Just from my long experience with Barclay's.  I have a long history with them hence I knew a bit after 5 months most likely i would get an instant approval and I have a very thick profile.  I just try to spread the "most correct" news I know how to and most would agree 6 months between Barclay's applications is advisable who has dealt with Barclay's over the years for best results

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all!

Sorry for the late reply! Think I made the decision to just go with the Uber when it comes to any Barclay Card and as far as the Amex, I saw the deal with the Platinum Card deal with 60k after spending 5k and I spen that in 2 months as I travel and buy groceries like no other. So no to the AA Red. But thanks for the information! What do you say to the Amex Platinum deal. I dont mind the 550 AF. Its a lot I know but it comes with great perks! The Uber is def a great perk card with awesome rewards..

Thanks

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex will likely pull Experian and charge cards are generally easier to get than credit cards.

When will your updated utilization post to your reports? You may want to wait for that just to give yourself better chances.
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey FortheLoveofPoints!

I will up day here soon with my uti and new score(s)

Can you do me a big favor and tell me alittle about the BofA Cash Rewards card as you hae one? Who do they pull from and whats a decent score to have? I aslo got a good pointer form a memner here to opt out of the Plat Amex an go with the Amex Delta Plat or Gold as my spending does mixes up each month and sometimes those amont aren't garunted at the end of every month with Amex Plat... That scares me and I dont want to count on that. But the BofA CR looks great and will opp for that one instead of a 2nd Amex (hint BC or BCP). Care to expalin and give me some pointer on that card? Or Anyone. Plan to apply next week after my updated scores come in!

Thanks

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good day,

My Cash Rewards was actually the result of a product change. It used to be an M&T Bank Platinum Plus World Points card which was sold to Bank of America. It languished as a minimal rewards BoA Platinum Plus card until I started getting back into growing my credit portfolio this summer.

I product changed it because it gives 3% back in gas (I spend a lot in gas and my car requires premium.), 2% at stores, and 1% everywhere else. I have an Amex BCE but the limit is a “toy limit” and I have to pay multiple times a month to utilize it so I use this card in lieu of it. Redemption minimum of $25. Also, if you’re a BoA account holder, you earn a 10% redemption bonus on cash rewards. Even more, if you have significant holdings with them.

BoA also does category/merchant deals like Amex that will give you more money back for meeting a threshold that is offered. That coupled with the cash back makes this a worth while card to have. Also, bi-monthly I get a balance transfer offer or spending offer that significantly reduces the APR so that may be beneficial to you.

Bank of America typically pulls Experian for new cards but may vary by location. I recently got the Premium Rewards card and it was an Experian pull. For approvals of the non-secured version of this card, I’d say 680+ is required (based on a non-scientific survey of data points).

Redemption overall has been very easy.
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotta!

I usually have my Ex frozen as there was fraud done on me which is why I had such a horrible score to begin with ( but I also was not a responsable teen and young adult either, so no blaming others hahaha) and scores in the 400s. EX was the one who took the worst hit and that's why I keep it frozen as it has the owest score. Should I un freeze it at time of apping for the BofA or will they give me that 7 to 10 and I can ask to pull another agency? I'm sure I need to with Amex for sure!! But I heard they (BofA) also pull Trans?

Thanks as usual and I will let you know when those new scores come in! Plan to make a post and a little story backgroup on how I got to where I am before I app for these cards and take you guys along for the ride next week when I apply!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.