Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays CLI from 650 to 5000

tag
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

Barclays CLI from 650 to 5000

Got my Wyndham card upped from $650 to $5k today. Apped online, they called me today, asked why I have no CC history before 2 years ago (because I disputed everything on my credit report over 2 years old and started fresh). I asked them to change me from Platinum to Signature, they transferred to someone who said they cannot unless I apply again, then call them when I get denied and ask them to close the current one, open the new one, then transfer the balance. They also said if I just wait, they might do it automatically. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays CLI from 650 to 5000

@ficojoe wrote:

Got my Wyndham card upped from $650 to $5k today. Apped online, they called me today, asked why I have no CC history before 2 years ago (because I disputed everything on my credit report over 2 years old and started fresh). I asked them to change me from Platinum to Signature, they transferred to someone who said they cannot unless I apply again, then call them when I get denied and ask them to close the current one, open the new one, then transfer the balance. They also said if I just wait, they might do it automatically. 

Wow nice Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 15
credithappy
Regular Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@ficojoe wrote:

Wow nice Congrats 

Congrats to you.

Amex Green - Amex BCP - Amex Everyday Card - Amex Rose Gold - Elan Visa - Xcel FCU Visa - Walmart MC - Sam's MC - Macy's - Bloomingdales - Nordstrom - Sam's Club CC - Discover IT and US Bank Visa FlexPerks - AMEX HHonors - NAVcheck - NAVcashRewards Sig Visa, NAVgoRewards MC, Chase Amazon VISA, BoA CashRewards VISA - Chase Marriott Reward Premier CC, Jetblue Card MC, PenFed Power CR Visa Signature Card, Chase Freedom, Nordy VISA and BBVA
Message 4 of 15
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Congrats!  That's a big increase, WTG

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 5 of 15
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

@ficojoe wrote:

So basically Barclays would not have upped your CL had you not apped for a new card?  Is this what we need to do to force them to increase CL? 

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 6 of 15
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@Fico2Go wrote:

@ficojoe wrote:

So basically Barclays would not have upped your CL had you not apped for a new card?  Is this what we need to do to force them to increase CL? 

I had to request the CL from my account online. I asked fro the new card when they called to verify my application for a CLI.

Message 7 of 15
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

They asked why I wanted a CLI. I LOLed at him and said "if you want me to ever actually use the card, you have to give me more than $650."

Message 8 of 15
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@ficojoe wrote:

They asked why I wanted a CLI. I LOLed at him and said "if you want me to ever actually use the card, you have to give me more than $650."

great response!!!  congrats on  the CLI request!!!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 9 of 15
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.