Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays. Confused.

tag
dawnm72174
Regular Contributor

Barclays. Confused.

August 10th I was approved for the Barclays JetBlue card for $11,000.

image.jpeg

The same day I also applied for the Rewards MC and was declined. I called the recon line and asked if there was a problem with my profile causing the computer to decline my second app. The rep said they want me to establish a history with them which is understandable. The next day I checked CCT for changes and this is where my confusion began:

image.jpeg

As as you can see, the reported CL is less than half what my approval stated. I know I could call and ask what's going on but I'll wait for the card before I call. I'm practicing patience Smiley Wink

This made me wonder if this has happened to anyone else with Barclays.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Xistaben2
New Contributor

Re: Barclays. Confused.

When you log into Barclays site, does it say $11,000 still?

It may just be a matter of waiting until the next update cycle. If your credit line is still $11,000 and there was no AA, should be fine. If it stays like that though, you can call on it.
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay is just a weird bank. They are a nightmare. You should log online and see what your account is stating and then call them. Might be a system glitch
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Barclay is just a weird bank. They are a nightmare. You should log online and see what your account is stating and then call them. Might be a system glitch

They're terrible.

Thank God my card is closed with them and will be paid off by mid-September.

I will never do business with them again... Would much rather have Discover.

Message 4 of 21
CatOfSpades
Frequent Contributor

Your account should be online already. But is there some reason you said you applied on the 10th and then give us a snapshot of a card that says it was opened on the 1st? Perhaps it's just a glitch?

♠Queen of Spades♠
Apple Card MC $10,000
BofA Cash Rewards VS $10,000
5/3 Cash/Back WEMC $10,000
Discover IT $7,500
Message 5 of 21
dawnm72174
Regular Contributor

I have to wait for the card because an account number is needed to register for online access.

@cat, I have no idea why the CRA showed open date on the first of the month and not actual open date.

image.jpeg

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dawnm72174 wrote:

I have to wait for the card because an account number is needed to register for online access.

@Anonymous, I have no idea why the CRA showed open date on the first of the month and not actual open date.

image.jpeg

When I was approved for the NFL Extra Points Visa, I was prompted to set up my online account immediately. I didn't have the card number either, but when I set up my online account I could see the last four numbers.

Message 7 of 21
dawnm72174
Regular Contributor

I wasn't given the option to set up an online account. Don't know if it matters but I submitted my app on the JetBlue site.

If the card doesn't come by Wednesday I'll give them a call.
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dawnm72174 wrote:
I wasn't given the option to set up an online account. Don't know if it matters but I submitted my app on the JetBlue site.

Maybe I was given the option because I applied through Barclays site. Not sure. Hope it works out, though!

Message 9 of 21
elim
Senior Contributor

@dawnm72174 wrote:

ehh  Just wait for the card and check your account online.  Great to be involved with the product but some patience is ok too.    :]

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.