Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays MC Elite?

tag
Propappr
Established Member

Barclays MC Elite?

Afternoon all, 

My Credit has been improving in recent months, recently applied and was approved for discover it, Chase Freedom and Sapphire Preferred (all in the past 5 days). However Im thinking for my travel needs I should have applied for a Barclay World Elite or a SPG Amex.   Am I pushing my luck in trying for a fourth approval in less than a week?  

Also are the approval odds similar between the CSP, Barclay World Elite, SPG?

Propappr

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
skigirl916
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays MC Elite?

@Propappr wrote:

I'd say the odds were about the same PRIOR to application and taking the HPs and getting new lines of credit.

Message 2 of 5
ddemari
Super Contributor

I was approved for the arrival plus wemc after five new cards were reporting. Then i was approved for us airways wmc the following month. Id go for it.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Propappr wrote:

Afternoon all, 

My Credit has been improving in recent months, recently applied and was approved for discover it, Chase Freedom and Sapphire Preferred (all in the past 5 days). However Im thinking for my travel needs I should have applied for a Barclay World Elite or a SPG Amex.   Am I pushing my luck in trying for a fourth approval in less than a week?  

Propappr

@Propappr,

I'd say go for it.  As long as your TU Fico is on point, you should be good to go.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you travel internationally, remember the AMEX SPG has foreign transfer fees... Unless you really love SPG hotels, I don't think I would get the SPG. Thought about a Platinum? For myself the AMEX Platinum is far and away the best travel card. Just depends on what you are looking to get out of the card. 

As far as Barclay approvals, in my experience they don't care at all about new accounts or inquiries. If you have good scores/high income they'll give you whatever you want. Same goes for AMEX. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.