cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Rewards Mastercard - When to ask for a CL Increase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays Rewards Mastercard - When to ask for a CL Increase?

Hey guys - I'm a long-time reader, first-time conributor to the forums.  I've been slowly rebuilding my credit over the last year and I was approved for a Barclays Rewards Mastercard at the beginning on August, 2014 for a CL of $1,500. To date, it's the highest limit on a cc that I have. How long do you have to wait until you can request a CL increase with them? Any insight would be hugely appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclays Rewards Mastercard - When to ask for a CL Increase?

Give it 6 to 7 STATEMENT cuts, meaning 6 or 7 statements and see if you get an AUTO CLI, without a HP.. If you don't after the 7th statement cut, request one via a HP on the website.  

Message 2 of 4
Ragelog
Established Contributor

I would wait until either your 6 or 7th Statement cuts I received an Auto CLI on my 6th Statement from $1000 to $2300. Opened the card early June and it was visible on December 4th.

EQ04 675, EQ08 676, EX08 719, TU08 703 $12704.75/$123050 Revolving Credit (All 0% or 1.99%) - In Garden Since 5/25/2016

Last negative item should fall off in July 2017.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, Ragelog. Much appreciated.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.