Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays SUCKS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays SUCKS

Thanks everyone for the advice and insight.    I am over it now and just paid off the card balance.    I learned my lesson and will not attempt to recon the card.    It isn't going to hurt me losing the limit I had on the card.  Once I get the letter,  maybe I will change my mind but for now, what will be will be.

Message 51 of 91
RCFL
Frequent Contributor

Sorry that happened to you. I don't think the inquires and new accounts are the only reason why they closed your account. A little history about me, I filed for BK7 in 2010 - and I didn't start my rebuilding until i found this website back in January of this year. I applied for Barclay's reward card end of January and auto approved for 1300$. Called them a month later and ask for a credit line increase to 5000 because of my trip - they countered 3k. I took it - then in Febuary, I applied for 3 more cards, all are comenity (shopping card tricks, all approved). In the beginning of March, I applied to CapOne, QuickSilver and approved for 3k(now at 5k) then applied for Discover and got approved for 3.5k (auto increase a few days ago to 4500, yay !). I stopped apping for about a month - sometimes in June, i decided to apply for the CapOne Venture card - got approved for 10k - then a car loan... Then in July, I app'ed for the Arrival+ .. declined because of BK then I called them to see if i can PC my reward to Arrival +, the allowed me to do that and it was a breeze. Then I stopped for a while - no more apps until last month. I applied for a credit union credit card, got approved, not the limit I want but the APR is only 9%. It's like i am addicted to app'ing - I applied the Apple Financing, approved for 2k and for the Bank of America card last week and was approved for only... 500. Not bad, considered i burned them in my BK. I have like 10-15 inquires and new accounts since I have my Barclays Reward. So, bottom line is, I don't think the inquires and the new accounts are the reasons why they closed close your account. Maybe there is something else on your report?

Message 52 of 91
chalupaman
Super Contributor

So sorry to hear that happened to you. I always have that scary thought in the back of my mind that Barclays can just close my account like that. They even gave me a spook just a few days of having the card when they had this weird glitch on the website and I thought I had gotten CLDed. So far, I've had some a few new inquiries since then and even a new account reporting on TU and nothing bad has happened yet from them, so I'm hoping they aren't as new account sensitive as people are saying. I also didn't have to recon for the card at all so I'm hoping that made a difference.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 53 of 91
CreditCardDiva
Regular Contributor

Barclays has a reputation for being very skittish (and I found that out from reading the forums)...and that's okay, because it's their money. But I will NEVER get one of their cards, because I don't want to be bothered with a lender that's so tempermental. I already know how they roll, so I'll continue to pass. Sorry about that.

Credit Rebuild Start Date (3/12)
Oakland County CU Visa ($500) | Capital One Quick Silver One ($600) | Capital One Secured MC ($200) | Walmart ($1600) | PayPal Credit ($1000) | Jared ($3500) | Victoria's Secret ($850) | Gettington ($3500) | Amazon Store Card ($850) | NewEgg Preferred ($2400) | Discover IT ($1500) | Dillard's AMEX ($1500) Target ($1500) | Overstock Store Card ($1200) | Kohl's ($1500) | Old Navy ($650) | Macy's Store Card ($800) | The Limited ($350)
Message 54 of 91
bk510
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the reply Red.   I have maybe 12 new credit lines they didn't like although NONE of them have a balance.    Barclays are very arrogant or sensitive.   I have no clue.

If you opeded 12 new accounts AFTER opening Barclays......then yeah, it wouldnt surprise me or anybody in this forum to have your account closed by Barclay or any other lender for that matter. Chuck it up and get on with your life.

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 55 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd keep calling them until you reach an analyst that isn't in lecture mode and is willing to actually look at your report.

I think "lecture" is a very good word. Maybe it's an unfair characterization, but I can't help but imagine Oliver Twist asking for more whenever I read people's experiences in dealing with Barclays.

Message 56 of 91
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

To me, Barclays has done everything I expected them to do.  They are the best thing that has happened to me since I started rebuilding over 3 years ago.  I am done rebuilding now, and Barclays played the largest role in helping me.

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 57 of 91
zarteycranford
Regular Contributor

LOL that's going to be a lot of pop corn. I have opened two Barclays cards this year as well as several other accounts. No problems I have received cli's from them on a regular basis. The key is six months if you make it six months then your in. Barclays likes to see usage on their cards when I say usage I mean usage. For example I run $1500.00 a month through Fronteir card I never pay in full. I always carry a small balance on the card to show that I care. I pay $ 1400.00 back let $100.00 ride so they can see that I am willing to revolve money but also eat a little interest. This is of course only my opinion based on my experiences with Barclays. I think Barclays sucks is a little harsh they saw something they didn't like and adjusted accordingly. You scared them. Banks do what banks do. Move on Barclays dosn't offer great cards anyway  but keep in mind other banks are watcing you report as well so be careful not to poke the bear.

Message 58 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zarteycranford wrote:

LOL that's going to be a lot of pop corn. I have opened two Barclays cards this year as well as several other accounts. No problems I have received cli's from them on a regular basis. The key is six months if you make it six months then your in. Barclays likes to see usage on their cards when I say usage I mean usage. For example I run $1500.00 a month through Fronteir card I never pay in full. I always carry a small balance on the card to show that I care. I pay $ 1400.00 back let $100.00 ride so they can see that I am willing to revolve money but also eat a little interest. This is of course only my opinion based on my experiences with Barclays. I think Barclays sucks is a little harsh they saw something they didn't like and adjusted accordingly. You scared them. Banks do what banks do. Move on Barclays dosn't offer great cards anyway  but keep in mind other banks are watcing you report as well so be careful not to poke the bear.

+1

Message 59 of 91
CreditCardDiva
Regular Contributor

bk510 wrote:

Chief_Wahoo wrote:

Thanks for the reply Red.   I have maybe 12 new credit lines they didn't like although NONE of them have a balance.    Barclays are very arrogant or sensitive.   I have no clue.

If you opeded 12 new accounts AFTER opening Barclays......then yeah, it wouldnt surprise me or anybody in this forum to have your account closed by Barclay or any other lender for that matter. Chuck it up and get on with your life.

This...but I've heard of Barclay's slamming the door shut, for far less. 

Credit Rebuild Start Date (3/12)
Oakland County CU Visa ($500) | Capital One Quick Silver One ($600) | Capital One Secured MC ($200) | Walmart ($1600) | PayPal Credit ($1000) | Jared ($3500) | Victoria's Secret ($850) | Gettington ($3500) | Amazon Store Card ($850) | NewEgg Preferred ($2400) | Discover IT ($1500) | Dillard's AMEX ($1500) Target ($1500) | Overstock Store Card ($1200) | Kohl's ($1500) | Old Navy ($650) | Macy's Store Card ($800) | The Limited ($350)
Message 60 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.