cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays World Elite Mastercard Approval Odds?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays World Elite Mastercard Approval Odds?

Hey Guys, I am planning to apply Barclays World Elite card. With my scores, credit profile, income I think I should be approved but need your expert advice before pulling the trigger. Here are my details

FICO - EQ 736, TU 764, EX 753

Total CL - 45,700 (AMEX Blue Cash - 25000, Chase Freedom - 7000, Discover - 5800, Citi Thankyou Premier - 5200, BOFA Cash Rewards - 1700, Macys - 1000)

Inquiries - TU 3 (none in last 12 months), EQ 6 (4 in last 12 months, 1 in last 6 months), EX 3 (none in last 12 months)

AAoA - 1 Year 2 Months

Oldest Account - 2 Year 3 Months

Income - 63,100 in KY

I am ready to pull the trigger but just need to make sure that experts in this forum also thinks so Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays World Elite Mastercard Approval Odds?

You're a shoe in with those stats for Barclay.
Message 2 of 22
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey Guys, I am planning to apply Barclays World Elite card. With my scores, credit profile, income I think I should be approved but need your expert advice before pulling the trigger. Here are my details

FICO - EQ 736, TU 764, EX 753

Total CL - 45,700 (AMEX Blue Cash - 25000, Chase Freedom - 7000, Discover - 5800, Citi Thankyou Premier - 5200, BOFA Cash Rewards - 1700, Macys - 1000)

Inquiries - TU 3 (none in last 12 months), EQ 6 (4 in last 12 months, 1 in last 6 months), EX 3 (none in last 12 months)

AAoA - 1 Year 2 Months

Oldest Account - 2 Year 3 Months

Income - 63,100 in KY

I am ready to pull the trigger but just need to make sure that experts in this forum also thinks so Smiley Happy

I'm not an expert, but I do believe you will be accepted. Barclays almost always pulls TU, and your TU score is good, and -- most important -- you have no inquiries for the past 12 months there. Barclays is very sensitive to inquiries. They will like you.

IMHO you're good to go.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank Guys, do you think with such a short AAoA they will be give me World Elite version of this card?

Message 4 of 22
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank Guys, do you think with such a short AAoA they will be give me World Elite version of this card?

As far as I know, Barclay's doesnt work like some other banks where they will give you a lower tier version in some cases. You either get approved for the card, period, or you don't. They won't issue a non World Elite version of the card.

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason I was asking this question because what I see in fien prints on their website

"Offer subject to credit approval. Not everyone will qualify for the World Elite Mastercard credit card and its benefits. If at the time of your application you do not meet the credit criteria previously established for this offer, or the income you report is insufficient based on your obligations, we may not be able to open an account for you or you may receive a Platinum card. Benefits will vary depending upon the card for which you are approved."

So it looks if I am not eligible for World Elite, they will give me World and if not World then Platinum?

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Guys.. Applied and was instantly approved for 10K limit Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice!! World Elite?
Message 8 of 22
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Guys.. Applied and was instantly approved for 10K limit Smiley Happy

Congratulations. Enjoy it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yepp.. World Elite it is Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.