Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays denied, recon failed

tag
samsun

Barclays denied, recon failed

Hi all,

I applied and got rejected for Barclays card with tu 625. I called recon and the guy persisted that I opened 3 cards in last year and they need more history. What u guys think should I keep reconning or is it not worth?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays denied, recon failed

Unless they HP for every recon, you're not really getting dinged for being persistent. How much history do you have on your other credit cards? Sounds like you just need to let them age and then try again later. If you recon again, that's what you need to find out...how much more history are they looking for before they can approve you? 

Message 2 of 4
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@samsun wrote:

Hi all,

I applied and got rejected for Barclays card with tu 625. I called recon and the guy persisted that I opened 3 cards in last year and they need more history. What u guys think should I keep reconning or is it not worth?

Thanks

Leave it be. While there is a very slight chance somebody else could let you in if they're nicer or in a better mood...don't bother. If theyr'e that on the fence your SL will likely be small if you get in at all. All Barclay's calls are documented so the next rep will see you already called...and when...and what about. What I like about them is that they tell you exactly what they don't like...and immediately. Take their advice. Wait it out...you'll be much happier for it if you apply next year or whenever. What card was it if you don't mind me asking?

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 3 of 4
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

625 is a little too low for Barclays get your score up to 650 and they will prob approve u for the Rewards or other entry level card.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.