Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays recon success

tag
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

Barclays recon success

I just got off the phone with Barclays recon line and after applying online and being flat out denied for the card I called in and spoke to a super nice ENGLISH speaking rep and I told him my info and a little more employment history and what I use my current card for and what my payment habits are and told him annual income and he said I looked at your credit report and it looks like Iyou are taking all steps to build a good credit history and we would love to help you in your quest and we are going to approve you for it with 1000 cl lol I only wanted the minimum cl but beggers can not be choosers let me know if anyone wants backdoor number used
Fico's in 500s across all three and one nfcu nrewards card with 2k limit for rebuilding
Message 1 of 63
62 REPLIES 62
money-matters

Re: Barclays recon success

Congrats! What number did you call? I tried calling for a recon today but got voicemail...

Message 2 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carlile92 wrote:
I just got off the phone with Barclays recon line and after applying online and being flat out denied for the card I called in and spoke to a super nice ENGLISH speaking rep and I told him my info and a little more employment history and what I use my current card for and what my payment habits are and told him annual income and he said I looked at your credit report and it looks like Iyou are taking all steps to build a good credit history and we would love to help you in your quest and we are going to approve you for it with 1000 cl lol I only wanted the minimum cl but beggers can not be choosers let me know if anyone wants backdoor number used

Super Congrats, yet another Barclays recon success story, surprise surprise Smiley Very Happy You could have probably asked for a higher CL and they would have reconsidered that as well, not sayin you would have gotten one, but Barclays is awesome with recons.

Congrats again!!

Message 3 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@money-matters wrote:

Congrats! What number did you call? I tried calling for a recon today but got voicemail...

Probably this one.....

Barclays: 866-408-4064 (Credit Analyst)

Message 4 of 63
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Congrats! You are yet another person I am jealous of. Lol what are your scores?
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 5 of 63
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

The number I called is 18663691283 and I was not looking for bi cl I would of been happier than hell with 500 and my report they pulled was tu and I had 661 fico and I stated that when I called told him what was on my report and he gave me no hassle prolly helped that you only needed bad credit to get it and my score was decent compared to who they usually approve
Fico's in 500s across all three and one nfcu nrewards card with 2k limit for rebuilding
Message 6 of 63
money-matters

Thank you, that number worked like a charm! :-)

Message 7 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@money-matters wrote:

Thank you, that number worked like a charm! :-)

When you say worked like a charm do you mean you did a recon and were successful?

Just curious to hear another Barclays recon success story.

Message 8 of 63
money-matters

Yes, I called and answered a few questions and got approved for $1500.

Message 9 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also worked for me. $2000 credit limit with a 698 tu score. I have a judgement due off my record in feb.
Message 10 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.