Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barneys

tag
alisadarrick
Regular Contributor

Barneys

Is Barney's BK Friendly? I love Barney's!!!

BK7 Meeting of Creditors 12/14 Discharged 2/15
EQ 630
EX 631
TU 653
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Barneys

Comenity in general is not BK Friendly.
Message 2 of 8
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Comenity Visa/MCs are not very BK friendly, but the store cards are.

I was approved for Barney's at 2 1/2 yrs. post BK, I didn't apply before that. My CL is now at $28K. J Crew is a popular (Comenity) post-BK card. If you shop there, it's decent for CLI's, and can be obtained without a hard pull (look up SCT.) I was approved for that one a few months post-BK.

Message 3 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

For a moment there (since this IS approvals forum) i thought someone finally seen some movement with Barney's since they went ballistic on some peeps.

EDIT:

Message 4 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yes..Comenity is BK friendly...to a point. Store cards 99.9% only. If you're hoping for a Visa from them..your BK needs to be at least around 4-5yrs+ post DC, and scores well north of 700+.

As far as Barneys is concerned, yes, you can get them. I got them 1.6yr post BK7, scores around 670's EX. I also have 12 store cards with them post BK...all the same ones that were IIB, and then some.

On a side note though...there has been a lot of controversy regarding them, and closing down acts. I personally thinks it stems from someone opening up a Visa with them, and then it goes back to UW, and they decide to shut down all acts after approving the recent Visa.

I personally would wait till after you hit 1 yr post BK before applying if you really need and want them. What other cards/ limits do you have? Whats your util like on each?

Message 5 of 8
bodyboy1
Established Contributor

@alisadarrick wrote:

Is Barney's BK Friendly? I love Barney's!!!

>  In Actuality Everyone is correct   & (IMO)   BARNEYS  Which i have &  i love,  not an easy Card to get ..  Everyone is Diff:  i was bk 5 years ago,   family stole Millions from my trust (hence HSBC).  if you are approved u May get a letter to just call in & Verify (like i had to) & Others  & (IMO)  Barneys is One of the Highest tier/Exclusive) Cards Comenity issues  (Frontgate  Fortunoff Barneys JCrew)   But is the Hardest..  i would wait a while...   Best of luck with everything.

Amazon 5K. AMEX PRG 35kPOT./AMEX MAG 15k. BARNEYS 28.7k. Banana. BAO. CITI Bestbuy/Bloomies 15k/Diamond/Thanku/Macy's 15k. Chase/Freedom. DiscoveriT 13.5K/Chrome. FRONTGATE 4K. Jetblue 5.7K. JCrew 7k. JCPenney 5k. Ring 10k. Sear's MC 11.3k. SAKS 5K SamsClub 10K. Target MC 8.4k. Walmart 6k. Wayfair 4.8k... be good to yourself!
Message 6 of 8
ddemari
Super Contributor

When I had my bankruptcy reporting I couldn't get anything with comenity. The second it dropped off I applied for j crew and so it began for me.
But it's a ymmv type of thing, just like discover in my experience.
Message 7 of 8
alisadarrick
Regular Contributor

Hi - I found the response I was looking for.  I will wait until my 1 year mark in February and get my utilization down some.  Thanks.

BK7 Meeting of Creditors 12/14 Discharged 2/15
EQ 630
EX 631
TU 653
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.