Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bass Pro Shops BOA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bass Pro Shops BOA

Hey y'all-
I applied online for the Bass Pro Mc by Bank of America. I recieved a message that didn't say a time frame (7-10 days) just said they couldn't make a decision right now, but it didn't sound promising like they just couldn't verify me. So my question are: should I simply wait on the letter in he mail before doing anything or could I call one of the back door numbers here? Will it even work because I applied for a co branded product? That leads me to another question, can you even recon a denial this? Sorry for these seemingly stupid recon questions but I have seriously never had to recon a denial. Since my rebuild, everything has been instant approval. By the way, I'm sure my Ex score of 660 didn't impress them.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Bass Pro Shops BOA

Number one priority in a situation as this with BofA is to Call, call, call.

Ring up and get connected to a Credit Analyst and take it from there.

Monday a.m. seems an ideal time too.

Your best chance is always DON"T WAIT but get in touch and just explain to the "credit analyst" NOT csr that you are calling to follow up the status on an application you made with them for that really nice card account you're interested in Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply! It gave me hope maybe not all hope is lost. But another question when it comes to recons for BOA: I am a housewife and I have never had a problem getting a computer approval for a credit card. But when it comes to calling in, I will be honest and tell them my income comes from my husband... I don't think that will fly very well with them.
Message 3 of 12
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for your reply! It gave me hope maybe not all hope is lost. But another question when it comes to recons for BOA: I am a housewife and I have never had a problem getting a computer approval for a credit card. But when it comes to calling in, I will be honest and tell them my income comes from my husband... I don't think that will fly very well with them.

Should not matter at all. Under federal law, you are allowed to count his income as yours.... I would simply state that his income is your income amount.... you have the right to do that

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 12
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@fltireguy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Should not matter at all. Under federal law, you are allowed to count his income as yours.... I would simply state that his income is your income amount.... you have the right to do that

I agree with this, but since we're talking recon here to keep from muddying the waters if asked I would use the term 'household income' (since that's what it really is).  If not specifically asked I wouldn't mention it at all (there's nothing to hide, but there's also not much to gain by pointing it out).

While it is perfectly legit to count a spouse's income, it's still not 'technically' derived from the OPs own employment... and you don't want the analyst to decline the app over a technicality (i.e. misrepresentation). 

@Anonymous, be sure to let us know how it goes!  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am going to call tomorrow morning. I am literally scared to death. This is my first recon. I know it's just a credit card and just a phone call, not really that big of a deal. But I usually shy away from human phone calls and I have 0 experience with BOA. Oh well. I am going to give it a shot anyway.Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am going to call tomorrow morning. I am literally scared to death. This is my first recon. I know it's just a credit card and just a phone call, not really that big of a deal. But I usually shy away from human phone calls and I have 0 experience with BOA. Oh well. I am going to give it a shot anyway.Smiley Wink

Please let us know how it goes and i know exactly how you feel since my first Recon was a nervous one as well.

I think what helps is hopefully you get a lady analyst for one to one sakes and if not BofA does have the unique exception compared to some others of having very friendly and for the most part cooperative people that from my experience with them are willing to go the extra mile for you.

Just be yourself and concentrate on the positive Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bummer you guys! They denied me for a repo from 2010. That kind of threw me for a loop as I have recieved an Amex, and numerous other cards with the repo being on there. Said it was appearing as just happened on Feb 28, 2017. I just pulled a CR and I see the same old repo that is reporting as a charge off and it has the correct date of purchase 2007 and subsequent repo in 2010. This is the first time in years it has been mentioned and I am a little freaked out now.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okie dokie, one more time.... with feeling! I called to recon a second time and they still said nope but didn't mention repo at all, just a collection from 2013 that I am disputing. So that makes me feel a bit better. They are tough on those baddies aren't they!!
Message 9 of 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Yep, sorry to hear that but BofA as some others will normally take a dim view on derogs and is one of the first things they cite for a denial.

I would continue to work on that baddie dispute as you're already doing to try to get it out of your way.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.