Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bed Bath & Beyond MC application and other questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bed Bath & Beyond MC application and other questions

My first post; excuse me if I put everything in the wrong place/all together.
•I was debating on weather to apply online at BBB website (tried many time for SCT, no luck!). Then I saw this thread...And decided to give the TEXT application a shot. I definitely think it's a nice way of doing things in the future, IMO. However I got the Dreaded "We'll let you know in 7-10 days". So fingers crossed that it will get approved.

•I have no idea if I'm doing this next part right or not...But I'm rebuilding my credit and have been too afraid to ask for CLI or even apply for new cards. Over the past 2 years I've applied for 4 total (1) loans/(3)cards and got approved for very low limit Capital One Platinum ($300). And I got approved for a Commenity Bank Meijer Store Card for a $300 limit. The loan was approved for $2,000 with my car as collateral and I decided it was too high interest to keep, so I paid it off before the first payment was even due. So I didn't even get any benefit on my CS...LOL..just out $78 for 4 days of the worst type of loan you can get. (Spring Field/Main Source/Personal Finance) Anyways a few months later, I then got soft pulls on each of my 2 cards and they went up to $500 each. About a year into paying on time every month they got moved to $750 Capital One and $1k Meijer's. Again on soft pulls. I was feeling good. But A few months passes and At this point my credit was just stagnant and stuck. No movement forward, Nothing was happening! I'm getting worse offers in the mail. So I decide to try for another Visa or MC. I should say, at that point I had moved up sooo much that I considered my CS to be "fair". When in reality it was still considered to be "poor" hitting right under 600 on all three bureaus. So I definitely shouldn't have been trying to get cards that were for "average"...But I didn't know. Which BTW is why I'm so thankful for this site. Just a Shoutout to all of Y'all (yes I'm a country girl!).
Anyways I recently decided to apply for two new CC's. First was Chase SLATE CC and got "send out a letter in 7-10 days". Fingers crossed; but I've seen on other threads that I should call 800# and ask them to review/see if there's anything I can help them with to turn a No into a Yes (anyone ever done any good..?..whatcha say..?). I also applied for a Capital One Quick Silver ONE CC. I got approved! Only a small CL of $300 but it's with the same company I have another card with so I'm hoping that they will "upgrade?" (Not sure of wording) to the Quick Silver (regular). That way I'll have a higher CL and no annual $39 fee.

So...After all that...Everyone says "Store Cards" are the easiest to get. I'm really wondering why I didn't get the BB&B card.
When y'all were rebuilding still (I think I'm finally coming out of the darkness of it🤗). Did you have as much trouble getting approved and if so, only for junky cards or low CL. I don't mind the high APR.
Lastly, (I read this somewhere on here)...do you recommend me & my husband adding each other as "authorized users" to all of our own cards. We don't have any together. That way we both get the benefits of getting good reports to the three Credit bureaus. Asking This b/c we are going to be selling our current home and then buying a new one within a year or so....So we both need to make allll the improvements we can in the next few months, so it can show when we go for our home loan.
TIA for any answers!
Ps...this is my first post so plz plz plz be kind:-) I know it's way to long; and now even longer. And also probably (most definitely) in the wrong "spot". But I couldn't find where to post. Only where to reply.
TIA...Again
Jessikah

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bed Bath & Beyond MC application and other questions

@Anonymous

Welcome to MyFICO

I moved your post to its own thread for better visibility.  This way you will get better advice.  I’m sure others will be along later to assist you.  Be patient as Sundays here is one of the slower days and we will make sure everyone is nice to you Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you soooo much! It was my first post and didn't know where/how to post it. I appreciate your help😉!
Message 3 of 4
shadanat
Frequent Contributor

THe shopping cart trick usually doesn’t work for the Mastercard/Visa products. Only store cards.

You need to have a mix of credit that includes an installment loan as well. You could try a secured loan or a small personal loan if you are with a credit union.

Looks like your scores for a Chase card might be too low.

Also make sure that you utilization is 9% or lower.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.