Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Vs. Best Buy Visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Buy Vs. Best Buy Visa

Does anyone NOT think I am crazy for thinking of accepting the Store Card and not the Visa if and when I apply and get offered both? I have been debating this and truly I would not use the Visa portion. I have too many other cards that I use and I really don't care about getting the rewards for Best Buy. I really want the card for major electronics purchases 0% APR fiancing.
I am usually not a fan of store cards-only one I have is Amazon. But-I think in this case unless someone can help me change my mind I might have 2 soon.
Is there something I am missing? Are the limits higher? Can you PC to other Citi cards? (I'm assuming no on the PC)
What other benefits would I miss out on if I only took the store version? Thx
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy Vs. Best Buy Visa

Do you go to Costco? I have the Citi Costco Visa Signature card and its awesome. No AF, I get great discounts at Costco on electronics (thinking of buying a TV soon). They may not have the same variety as Best Buy but its an option where you also get to use the card for anything else. 4% on gas?!? awesomeness. Hope this helps, cheers. Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

nvm Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wave.... you can say anything. I won't be offended. Smiley Happy

Not wanting the Costco card but thanks. I pretty much buy all my electronics at Best Buy.
Every time I see someone on here get offered both they always pick the Visa.
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not at all man, I was just multitasking too much and wanted to edit what I said.  I say go for it if the 0% APR can be used all the time like Syncb cards.  If it can't then I'd say the new account is better purposed towards a 0% apr mc/vs that can be merged/pc'd later vs being stuck with a high APR store card down the road. 

Message 5 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Dj, go for the Visa, if only because you do get some nice offers outside of Best Buy, and what a bonus tou get to have a Visa siggy without apping specifically for it. The card can grow and for unstance, though not the 5 everyone love, their current promotion is 3% back in rewards at wholesale clubs. Seems they are making it more attractive to use outside of BB. No AF EITHER! Cant go wrong especially as its yours should you chooseSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 18
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I have the Visa , just bc they do have some nice incentives sometimes and it looks better than having the store card plus I'm hoping it will help me down th road get into more Citi cards
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

So glad I asked. I had no idea the Visa offered bonus categories. Thx for the replies all. I think I will do the Visa.
Message 8 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good choice DjSmiley Wink

Aduke, i truely believe me getting my Best Buy Visa earlier in my rebuild and using it and making good payments helped me get my Dc and Sears cards. Could be wrong but i felt they helped eternally with Citi.
Message 9 of 18
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

It looks like the decision has been made, but these things come to mind… It's easy to throw a charge on a Visa if several months go by without the need to use the card at Best Buy. Also, insurance scores aren't particularly fond of retail cards.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.