Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy card holders

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy card holders

@Anonymous wrote:

Just curious.  Are you trying to finance the whole 18K and if so why would the Citi Magnolia card give you that high of s CL if a 'regular' prime card won't?  By the what are you getting?

That's what I was wondering...

It's getting harder to spend 18K on a nice home theatre.

Message 11 of 21
newstart2010
Blogger

We are looking at the Martin Logan speakers, about 11 of them for the atmos system, we haven't decided on a receiver i guess, and the special that is coming up is 0% APR for some amount of time and a free sub.  My husband has all the info.  My only part is saying I want at least two martin logans and a receiver, plus a nice turntable in the living room so I can listen to my records.  LOL  Its pretty easy to spend 18k, sadly.  

I am going to apply for other prime cards (my husband accidentally applied for one through usaa member website this evening not realizing you don't need to put in personal information and now i have to explain that to our underwriter) but those will most likely be used for things I can't get other credit lines for.  Unless that is stupid.

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@newstart2010 wrote:

We are looking at the Martin Logan speakers, about 11 of them for the atmos system, we haven't decided on a receiver i guess, and the special that is coming up is 0% APR for some amount of time and a free sub.  My husband has all the info.  My only part is saying I want at least two martin logans and a receiver, plus a nice turntable in the living room so I can listen to my records.  LOL  Its pretty easy to spend 18k, sadly.  

I am going to apply for other prime cards (my husband accidentally applied for one through usaa member website this evening not realizing you don't need to put in personal information and now i have to explain that to our underwriter) but those will most likely be used for things I can't get other credit lines for.  Unless that is stupid.

Oh, I gotcha.

I'm blessed/cursed with tunnitus otherwise i'd go nuts with the audiophile type stuff. Smiley Happy

Most expensive sound equipment I own (relatively) a set of Sennheiser HD 600's

Message 13 of 21
newstart2010
Blogger

My husband has one love, and that is A/V equipment.  If I let him he'd spend over 100k in the home theater.  Finally having a house meant him creating a dedicated home theater. Some guys do boats, some do cars, he's all about the speakers and projector.

Message 14 of 21
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

@newstart2010 wrote:

Careful with BBY financing or any of the cards financing. It is 18 mos financing or however long. But if the full balance is not paid by the end of the financing you will be charged back interest. So interest from the very begining of the purchase being made. Also assuming the APR might be 20ish% (like most co-branded or store cards) The interest charged could be outrageous. 

*Most prime cards will not charge you back interest

I remember financing for 6 months and didnt know about this policy....well after a $400 purchase i noticed a $60 interest charge after the 6 months. Mainly because i was unaware and stupid for not checking the whole statement. Learned my lesson. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 15 of 21
newstart2010
Blogger

Good information. I will check it out to see what the deal is and what ramifications there might be.

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pretty funny about your new USAA card.  Have to keep him away from the PC until closing! 😄

Message 17 of 21
newstart2010
Blogger

No kidding! He didn't think they would app without him putting in information. I smacked him with a pillow and had a drink to calm my nerves. I'm worried about the underwriter and will talk to her tomorrow about it. Or I guess just wait to see if it comes up at all. I don't know. But when it gets here in not touching it till after closing. No need to have more debt right now.

Message 18 of 21
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Best Buy is a HP.

I put in a request to double my limit last month... they told me a decision would be within 4 hours... I got an email in 2 with the approval.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@newstart2010 wrote:

Oh, I gotcha.

I'm blessed/cursed with tunnitus otherwise i'd go nuts with the audiophile type stuff. Smiley Happy

Most expensive sound equipment I own (relatively) a set of Sennheiser HD 600's

I have a boom box I bought at an auction for $5.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.