Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy in-store approved.

tag
Involus
Regular Contributor

Best Buy in-store approved.

Was in Best Buy recently and decided I should give appling for their store card a chance so I went to the customer service dept and went through the ropes and they asked how much of a CL I wanted and said hmm, $1500 I guess. They imput their information and I mine and a few seconds later I was instantly approved for $1500 - wish I woulda asked for more now haha, even if they counter offered for more than $1500. Oh well, awesome to get approved instantly in store though.

Funny thing about it though is Cap One is who owns that card and I have the platinum from them stuck at $750 going on 3 years now but they instant approve me for $1500 @ Best Buy and keep sending me pre-approvals for auto financing up to $30,000.... Hm.... Cap One is one odd cookie to say the least.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Buy in-store approved.

@CotySinz wrote:

Was in Best Buy recently and decided I should give appling for their store card a chance so I went to the customer service dept and went through the ropes and they asked how much of a CL I wanted and said hmm, $1500 I guess. They imput their information and I mine and a few seconds later I was instantly approved for $1500 - wish I woulda asked for more now haha, even if they counter offered for more than $1500. Oh well, awesome to get approved instantly in store though.

@Funny thing about it though is Cap One is who owns that card and I have the platinum from them stuck at $750 going on 3 years now but they instant approve me for $1500 @ Best Buy and keep sending me pre-approvals for auto financing up to $30,000.... Hm.... Cap One is one odd cookie to say the least.

Congrats on the approval though...i tried a little over a month ago at the store and didnt get an instant decison then...denial letter came a week later stating due to too many inquiries....Smiley Sad Really wanted this card for the holidays....oh well.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 2 of 12
Involus
Regular Contributor

Weird, I have like 20+ inqs no joke, most are a year+ old but still. About 8-11 from this year (auto financing search). I had like 1% util when approved, also have a $3000 signature loan through work credit union with balance of like $2750 and a $5500 student loan.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and enjoy your card...

Message 4 of 12
EandK23
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the approval! 

Message 5 of 12
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@CotySinz wrote:

Weird, I have like 20+ inqs no joke, most are a year+ old but still. About 8-11 from this year (auto financing search). I had like 1% util when approved, also have a $3000 signature loan through work credit union with balance of like $2750 and a $5500 student loan.

my case is that i had 11 inquires (they pulled EQ) but all within the year (evern though 4 were from auto loan)...never tried to recon. My uti was about 30% at the time so maybe that also played a factor. 

Message 6 of 12
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

congrats

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 12
Involus
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone and yeah that could be. I find that util has a lot to do with anything FICO, I jumped 133 points in a months time once paying my util from like 102% to 1%. I actually jumped 108 points last month to this month paying util down from 95% to 1% so. Also depends on your credit file, what types of account from which lenders with which limits and all that.

Heres my chart from Walmart TU:

Held a balance on all cards for quite a while as you can see, had some unfortunate stuff happen this year.

Message 8 of 12
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@CotySinz wrote:

Thanks everyone and yeah that could be. I find that util has a lot to do with anything FICO, I jumped 133 points in a months time once paying my util from like 102% to 1%. I actually jumped 108 points last month to this month paying util down from 95% to 1% so. Also depends on your credit file, what types of account from which lenders with which limits and all that.

Held a balance on all cards for quite a while as you can see, had some unfortunate stuff happen this year.

thats true....i have been working to bring down my util...at one point i was around 38% and now down to 25% and my walmart score went up from 670 to 694..and my EQ went from 680 to 690 and now just 702 with about 1500 of decreased debt that hasnt reported yet on either....my goal is to bring it down to the single digits by April.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dodgerslv wrote:

@CotySinz wrote:

thats true....i have been working to bring down my util...at one point i was around 38% and now down to 25% and my walmart score went up from 670 to 694..and my EQ went from 680 to 690 and now just 702 with about 1500 of decreased debt that hasnt reported yet on either....my goal is to bring it down to the single digits by April.

...and other members say APRs don't matter. I write frequently about APRs importance because bad things happen to good people. Good luck with your April goal.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.