cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bethpage Federal Credit Union Data Points!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bethpage Federal Credit Union Data Points!

The savings account is all you need to open in order to join. But if you open a checking, there will be a HP.
Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bethpage Federal Credit Union Data Points - Update!!! #2

No hp to open a savings account, which is all you need to join. But if you open a checking account, there will be a hp.
Message 22 of 26
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Bethpage Federal Credit Union Data Points - Update!!! #2

I have a savings and checking account with them. I didn't get a HP for either last summer.

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bethpage Federal Credit Union Data Points - FINAL UPDATE!

Ok folks, as expected, denied for both the cc and the cloc but not for the usual reasons; baddies, Inqs, too many accounts opened etc. Recall in a previous post, I said they allow you to select your own limit...that’s the trap!!! Lol.

Unlike NFCU where you’ve may seen posts that encourage you to select the $15K max? Well Bethpage has a $35K max...but if you select that WITHOUT having comparable trade lines, you’ll be denied. Same for their credit cards; if you select a credit line amount that’s not comparable to the average amount of your current limits, you’ll be denied.

I’m in the garden now but guess what’s I’m going to do as soon as I get out!?!?! 🤪😉🤔🤪

Hope this helps someone!!!!
Message 24 of 26
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Sorry for the denial, glad to see you take it in stride. We win some and we lose some.

I talked to a loan officer there a few days ago. I asked her what FICO score model they use. She came back with Version 6? lol
I have no idea what that is and neither did she. lol
Sounds like an old scoring model though.
Thanks for the update!
Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
Ok folks, as expected, denied for both the cc and the cloc but not for the usual reasons; baddies, Inqs, too many accounts opened etc. Recall in a previous post, I said they allow you to select your own limit...that’s the trap!!! Lol.

Unlike NFCU where you’ve may seen posts that encourage you to select the $15K max? Well Bethpage has a $35K max...but if you select that WITHOUT having comparable trade lines, you’ll be denied. Same for their credit cards; if you select a credit line amount that’s not comparable to the average amount of your current limits, you’ll be denied.

I’m in the garden now but guess what’s I’m going to do as soon as I get out!?!?! 🤪😉🤔🤪

Hope this helps someone!!!!

Sorry that you didn''t get approved. I think I'll pass on this one.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.