cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bethpage Federal Credit Union Data Points!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bethpage Federal Credit Union Data Points!

wrote:
Chexsystems is not a credit bureau, they monitor bank accounts being opened and closed, especially ones that are being closed for dubious reasons like leaving a negative balance. I believe Bethpage may also be sensitive to too many accounts being opened. I’ve opened two checking accounts this week and Bethpage denied me a checking account. Wanted to open the checking in order to app for the CLOC. Will call on Monday to confirm and report back.

I know that Chexsytem is not a credit bureau. I was referring to banking inquiries from opening bank accts or misuse of one's bank accounts.

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also do they pull credit to open a bank acct?

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Also do they pull credit to open a bank acct?

My understanding is they do, EX, but it hasn't shown yet and I haven't received an alert either.

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

wrote:
Chexsystems is not a credit bureau, they monitor bank accounts being opened and closed, especially ones that are being closed for dubious reasons like leaving a negative balance. I believe Bethpage may also be sensitive to too many accounts being opened. I’ve opened two checking accounts this week and Bethpage denied me a checking account. Wanted to open the checking in order to app for the CLOC. Will call on Monday to confirm and report back.

I know that Chexsytem is not a credit bureau. I was referring to banking inquiries from opening bank accts or misuse of one's bank accounts.

Understood so as I said, it appears they are sensitive to alot of account opening/closing.  I have never misused and account nor have I ever been denied before so that's why I want to talk to them.  They have a satellite branch that's open today but I don't think they'll be able to answer my questions so I'll have to wait until Monday to find out why they denied me.

Message 14 of 26
Gmood1
Super Contributor

No HP to open an account, unless it's something new.
Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bethpage Federal Credit Union Data Points - Update!!!

Apparently it takes 7-10 days for the savings account and to be activated. You cannot open a checking until the savings account is activated as it is used to validate membership. So once that process is complete, I’ll open the checking, then app for one of their cards and the CLOC. Then Back in the garden I go.
Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bethpage Federal Credit Union Data Points - Update!!! #2

wrote:
Apparently it takes 7-10 days for the savings account and to be activated. You cannot open a checking until the savings account is activated as it is used to validate membership. So once that process is complete, I’ll open the checking, then app for one of their cards and the CLOC. Then Back in the garden I go.

Checking acount took two days to validate and to be seen online.  Apped for their credit card, which they allow you to pick your own SL...something I've never seen before...went for $8K.  I also apped for the max CLOC which is $35K, No instant approval on either.  They pulled EX (752 FICO, 13 inqs [6 in the last month, 2 with them], no lates no baddies) opened alot of accounts this trip out of the garden so we'll see.  See message below for both applications: 

"Thanks for your loan application! We're reviewing it now.

If your loan is approved, a Loan Rep will contact you by phone within 2 business days.

If your loan is denied, you'll receive a letter that explains the reason(s) why within 10 business days."

I hope they approve (even with counteroffers) however, I think it'll be a double denial...watch this space! Smiley Indifferent 

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

wrote:

Checking acount took two days to validate and to be seen online.  Apped for their credit card, which they allow you to pick your own SL...something I've never seen before...went for $8K.  I also apped for the max CLOC which is $35K, No instant approval on either.  They pulled EX (752 FICO, 13 inqs [6 in the last month, 2 with them], no lates no baddies) opened alot of accounts this trip out of the garden so we'll see.  See message below for both applications: 

"Thanks for your loan application! We're reviewing it now.

If your loan is approved, a Loan Rep will contact you by phone within 2 business days.

If your loan is denied, you'll receive a letter that explains the reason(s) why within 10 business days."

I hope they approve (even with counteroffers) however, I think it'll be a double denial...watch this space! Smiley Indifferent 

What were the 2 inquiries with them in the last month for?

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 for checking account
1 for CC and CLOC
Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
1 for checking account
1 for CC and CLOC

I had a Bethpage account a few years ago and there was no HP.  This must be new. 

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.