Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bloomingdales CLI and Upgrade Request

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bloomingdales CLI and Upgrade Request

@Anonymous wrote:

Question- is this really considered an upgarde or do they do an HP? I thought Bloomingdales considered it an actual new card app (at least, from what they told me)

yes but they still use the credit on file even though they ask for permission to pull credit.

Message 11 of 14
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

Is there really any benefit to having the Bloomingdales Amex other than just because or one more Amex for Amex Offers? I know sometimes the Macy's Amex has some offers that can be advantageous if you want the shopping rewards dollars.

Just wondering since I want to upgrade mine, but can't find enough of a reason to take the new account hit. If I'm missing something, clue me in.

Message 12 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@bostonte wrote:

Is there really any benefit to having the Bloomingdales Amex other than just because or one more Amex for Amex Offers? I know sometimes the Macy's Amex has some offers that can be advantageous if you want the shopping rewards dollars.

Just wondering since I want to upgrade mine, but can't find enough of a reason to take the new account hit. If I'm missing something, clue me in.

You can review and evaluate the benefits online to decide if the upgrade makes sense for you.  I have the Bloomie's AMEX at the Top of the List (formerly the Reserve) and for high-spending individuals, it provides a decent set of benefits/perks - provided you shop frequently at Bloomingdale's.

https://www.bloomingdales.com/service/credit/club.ognc

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my Bloomingdale's card in December and got a cli last month plus got a Macy's Am Ex the end of last month. 

Has enough time past for me to try and upgrade to the Bloomingdale's Am Ex?

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.