Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA 2 Cards 1 HP?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA 2 Cards 1 HP?

Is this possible? I know they do this with CLIs but not sure if this is possible with new card applications as well?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BoA 2 Cards 1 HP?

Some individuals will incur one HP others will incur 2 - YEMV (no guarantees).  This applies to both scenarios as mentioned (new apps and CLIs).

Message 2 of 7
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Bottom line is when youre going for two products you should anticipate seperate HPs. If you get only one count yourself lucky but expect two.
Message 3 of 7
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Yes this is possible. I app for BBR at 8am and had to call in because ex & EQ was froze so they pulled TU 

with no priblem. Approved $10k

Got home from work and decided I wanted the Travel Rewards. I called Analyst and asked if its possible to have to card 

approvals in the same day with same pull, he said yes it is. I said okay and ask would be stay on the line with me while I app.

he was nice enough to stay on the phone as I app the travel rewards. I told him in advance it would be denied due to my TU only available report

and that's what they used earlier for my first approval. He viewed app and report and approved Travel Rewards for $2k.

2 months after the approvals I called in for a cli on both cards. They cli both cards.

bbr went to $12k

travel went to $15k.

i moved limits around and final results after having cards for 2 months are :

Travel Rewards - $20k

BBR - $7k 

P.S. The BBR is my bottom feeder as I don't care about its limit. Lol

Message 4 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

Yes this is possible. I app for BBR at 8am and had to call in because ex & EQ was froze so they pulled TU 

with no priblem. Approved $10k

Got home from work and decided I wanted the Travel Rewards. I called Analyst and asked if its possible to have to card 

approvals in the same day with same pull, he said yes it is. I said okay and ask would be stay on the line with me while I app.

he was nice enough to stay on the phone as I app the travel rewards. I told him in advance it would be denied due to my TU only available report

and that's what they used earlier for my first approval. He viewed app and report and approved Travel Rewards for $2k.

2 months after the approvals I called in for a cli on both cards. They cli both cards.

bbr went to $12k

travel went to $15k.

i moved limits around and final results after having cards for 2 months are :

Travel Rewards - $20k

BBR - $7k 

P.S. The BBR is my bottom feeder as I don't care about its limit. Lol

Right, but in your scenario, you had 2 CRs frozen (not sure if to circumvent a lender to pull from an alternate CR or due to fraud/security issues - your post doesn't say)

For the OP, no frozen CRs were mentioned.  So, it's still going to be a YEMV situation at the end of the day even if the OP reaches out to an UW/analyst who would evaluate it on a case-by-case basis. 

Message 5 of 7
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

I wasnt trying to trying to force them to pull in my favor.......... They where frozen because they where under construction at the time and TU

was my only clean file. They had no problem pulling TU for the app. They are flexible l 

OP if you want 2 cards with same HP , app one then app the other an hour or so later but call in to analysts before doing the 2nd one and get

confirmation about using the same report. Have your app filled out and ready so if he says it's fine , you can submit the app while he is on the 

phone and if need be he can review on the spot and approve.and you can verify with him it didn't HP again etc. 

thats what hat I would do. They are nice folk and don't hound you like Barclay does. 

Message 6 of 7
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

I was approved for the Fid Amex and BBR with one pull.  I apped for Fid Amex online, instant approval.  I then immediately apped online for the BBR and got a 7-10 response.  I called the analyst number on the backdoor sticky and asked for status.  The analyst asked if I meant to apply for 2 different cards, I said I did.  He reviewed my app and report on the spot and I was approved for the BBR.  I never inquired about HP's, and only ended up with one.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.