cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Cash Rewards - Denied. Secured - Denied. Recon x3 - Denied.

tag
JaseT
Established Contributor

BoA Cash Rewards - Denied. Secured - Denied. Recon x3 - Denied.

I app'd for the BoA Cash Rewards today, hoping that I would at least get the 99/500 Secured counter-offer. Denied, no offer. Called a credit analyst to recon, he looked it over and said my 2016 BK was the problem. He suggested I speak with the Secured card dept.

Called the Secured card dept and explained what the analyst had told me, they told me to app for the BankAmericard secured card online. Did just that. Denied. Tried recon with two different analysts and both said it was denied due to my BK. 13 years of banking with them and a 7 year old BoA mortgage with ZERO lates has no bearing with them. I asked how long the BK would be a reason for denial and she said that was information they could not share with me. You'd think that giving them $$$ to fully secure a card would be enough guarantee.

I didn't have high hopes of getting the Cash Rewards, but I thought that either the 99/500 partially secured of the fully secured card would be approved. Current FICO is 692.

Guess I need to file BoA with the "far down the road" applications, along with Chase. Looks like Cap One will have to remain my main cards. Will probably app for a third Cap One card in a couple weeks.

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA Cash Rewards - Denied. Secured - Denied. Recon x3 - Denied.

That is odd, sorry about your experience. Garden with what you have and apply else where in a year or so.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.