Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA denial - recon?

tag
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

BofA denial - recon?

Hi all

I'm still a bit new at this, so forgive me if I'm being stupid.

I was planning to stay in the garden for a while, but I found a targeted offer at BofA for $150 cash back on $500 spend.  Looked like too good of an opportunity to pass up, and they were offering it to me, so I went ahead and applied.

Got the "could not approve at this time" page and a counteroffer for a secured card with an AF... no thanks.

I haven't gotten the lettter yet, but I'm guessing I was denied because I went on a spree a few weeks ago (see my sig) and I have several new accounts and HPs, even though the lower util has jacked my scores up.  Should I even bother calling for a recon?  If not, how long should I wait before trying again?  In general, how long should I wait after a spree to try for something else?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA denial - recon?

I think you made the right decision to reject the offer. Back in December I applied and received a counter offer as well but with $39AF and no deposit. I decided to accepted and now I'm regret. BoA credit card isn't all good and I'm planning to close at the end of year before the annual fee kick in. I really don't like BoA services at all.
I just called in few days ago to make some product change to no af and no rewards to bankamrircard mastercard and I'm waiting on their answer in few business days.
If they don't do it, I'm not going to continue to keep the account open. I will close it when the end of year come. Annual fee is a thing of the past and I regret i accepted it.
Message 2 of 5
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Yeah I'm only using credit cards so they can pay me, not the other way around.

Who does BoA pull from?  I looked and my EQ report has 8 HPs... 4 from the past month and 4 from 2016.

So what do you guys think?  Should I try for the recon or was I just foolish to apply in the first place?  How long should I wait before applying again?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could try for recon, it doesn't hurt to try. But I know they won't waive the annual fees as I have tried already few times. I live in Texas they pulled Experian for me. The Cash rewards 3,2,1 is good especially 2% on groceries. It does adds up fast but with the $39AF, that's where the rewards return back at y'all and basically you paid for your own rewards. Plus you can't redeem until you earn at least $25 mininum. Forget that! I know I'm gonna cancel it on Dec 31 just using it for one year unless they either product change to no AF. Just a heads up for ya if you are going to recon and accept the offer. Keep me posted.
Message 4 of 5
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Boa pulls Experian for most people

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.