cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand New Walmart Card - Got a $800 CLI !!

tag
CreditRepairGirl23
New Contributor

Brand New Walmart Card - Got a $800 CLI !!

Just wanted to share, new walmart card opening limit $700

Havent even used the card yet but recently BOA upped my Credit Limit to $3000 (from $1,000) and I saw some threads on here that others had luck so I figured it was worth a shot..

Called the backdoor number from the backdoor thread (what a godsend that is!!) took about 5 mins of verifying my identity and income..I explained I had some xmas shopping to do but wouldnt be using the card as much as Id like so as not to hurt my utilization score with the low limit..

Asked for $3,000 limit , after a few mins she came back with $1,500 approval - said I would get a letter explaining why they couldnt do the full amount in 7-10 days

But $800 increase is better than nothing so I am happy!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
LesWH
Established Contributor

Re: Brand New Walmart Card - Got a $800 CLI !!

Congratulations!  Now sign up to get that free TU FICO score!!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 2 of 17
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice, Congrats on the increase!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 17
CreditRepairGirl23
New Contributor

How do I get the free TU score?

Thanks everyone!

Message 5 of 17
LesWH
Established Contributor

@CreditRepairGirl23 wrote:

How do I get the free TU score?

Thanks everyone!

Access your account online and signe up for it there.

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 6 of 17
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

congrats!

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 7 of 17
jllunas
Contributor

Congrats! I just got my walmart card last week to. They gave me a 900 limit. probably wont use it but should help me with my credit.

Transunion 698
Equifax 713
Experian 700
Goal Score 750
HWLBA
Message 8 of 17
CreditRepairGirl23
New Contributor

@jllunas wrote:

Congrats! I just got my walmart card last week to. They gave me a 900 limit. probably wont use it but should help me with my credit.

You should give the backdoor number a try!! If you do , please come back and let us know how it went!

I didnt NEED the increase either...I just want the higher limit for my utilization to appear even better to help my score Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 17
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@CreditRepairGirl23 wrote:

Just wanted to share, new walmart card opening limit $700

Havent even used the card yet but recently BOA upped my Credit Limit to $3000 (from $1,000) and I saw some threads on here that others had luck so I figured it was worth a shot..

Called the backdoor number from the backdoor thread (what a godsend that is!!) took about 5 mins of verifying my identity and income..I explained I had some xmas shopping to do but wouldnt be using the card as much as Id like so as not to hurt my utilization score with the low limit..

Asked for $3,000 limit , after a few mins she came back with $1,500 approval - said I would get a letter explaining why they couldnt do the full amount in 7-10 days

But $800 increase is better than nothing so I am happy!

Use the card then PIF, wait 4 month and you can have 5k CL for sure! Smiley Very Happy

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.