Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPITAL ONE APPLICATION MESSAGE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CAPITAL ONE APPLICATION MESSAGE

I applied for a Capital one card today, and this is the message I received:

Good News! You're almost approved, but we need additional information before we can open your account. We'll contact you in 7-10 business days with more details.

I don't know of anyone personally that has gotten this message. It normally says "We are reviewing your application and will notify you of our decision within 7-10 business days." Has anyone applied for Cap One recently and received this message? If so, what happened after the 7-10 days? What were they requesting? I have had friends that received the "reviewing your app" message and they only got a phone call to confirm that it was indeed them that applied for the card, and they were told their limit and that their card would continue processing that day and they should receive their card within 7-10 days. I am just curious about this message.  Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CAPITAL ONE APPLICATION MESSAGE

Sounds like they need to verify for fraud purposes. If you submit the required documents, it looks like an approval. 

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any updates, I literally just got the same message 10 minutes ago. I do know I have a fraud alert on my credit report.
Message 3 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Its possible that it is indeed identity verification. Sure they could call but perhaps they wanna know you received the letter that was sent to the address you have on record. This way you get letter you call and give them the confirmation number of the letter and you get approved.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I haven't had any updates. I call the app line everyday, and check the status. It says the same thing. I don't really want to talk to a rep because they are either 

1. Going to tell me that it's processing and I should hear something within the next 7-10 business days- OR-

2. They are going to hit some buttons they have NO BUSINESS and then I end up having to send in documents. 

I am definitely going to post the outcome if possible. I think AverageJoe might be onto something with the letter with the code in it to verify the address.  If you get a 

response before me, let me know so I can know what to expect. Thanks!!! 

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

AverageJoe you might be correct...Comenity does that ALL of the time...They send a letter with a reference number and a phone number to call, you provide the reference number, they pull up your app, ask 3 crazy identity verification questions, and by the end of the call, you're provided with CONGRATULATIONS-YOU'VE BEEN APPROVED FOR _____ LIMIT! YOUR CARD WILL BE SENT TO THE ADDRESS ON THE APPLICATION WITHIN 7-10 BUSINESS DAYS! 

I am SOOOO hoping that this is the case...I'll keep you all posted!

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you should just call and speak with someone. It's likely they just need to ask some fraud question things and will then tell you that you're approved. Unless you like to live with anticipation and anxiety for no reason lol!!

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't gotten any letters yet but come to think of it a few years ago my brother applied for a Capital One card and his status didn't show the same wording. He got a letter in the mail for him to call for verification from the fraud department. He called and asked what all he needed to do and Capital One replied that it was all because they wanted to see if it was him or not. So by calling when you get the letter was enough. He luckily got the letter because they sent it to his previous address and the people at his old address knew him.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CAPITAL ONE APPLICATION MESSAGE-UPDATE

Well I finally received the letter in the mail...It asked for a copy of my DL, along with a utility bill and my SS card. I'm laughing because when I called, the rep confirmed that it could take up to 3 weeks to process and an additional 7-10 business days to receive the card. So in all, I'm looking at 30 days minimum. I know I already got the hard pull, but I don't know if I want to wait THAT long. She also said that was just to continue processing my app; it isn't a surefire approval. I don't know if I like how Cap One is starting out already...SMH...

Message 9 of 14
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Well seeing how you took a Triple Hard pull for the application I would most definitely send in the docs and just ride it out bc otherwise your throwing 3 Hps down the drain
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.