cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI Thank You credit card app - which report pulled?

tag
robbulous
Regular Contributor

CITI Thank You credit card app - which report pulled?

Hello all!

I'm thinking about app'ing for the CITI Thank You card, and am wondering what credit report they will typically pull?

I have way more INQ's on my Experian report, but it's my understanding that they pull EQ a lot too?

I live in Texas and any advice would be helpful!

Thanks!

NPSL.................$30,000............$28,000.............$20,500............$28,000............$80,000............$19,000............$21,300..............$20,500
Current FICO Score Across All 3: 770+..... GOAL: 800+ Current Utilization: 5%....... Infiniti Financial Auto Loan at 1.9%
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
RnJ
Contributor

Re: CITI Thank You credit card app - which report pulled?

I believe they predominantly pull Experian, but may also pull Equifax, or both - they pulled Experian for me.

Message 2 of 25
hacsx2
New Contributor

They pulled EQ for me.  I live in CA.

EX: 747 (12/27) EQ:716 (11/6) TU: 703 (11/6) CK: 735
CC:
CSP $5000; BOA Rewards: $5000; Citi Platinum: $2600; UNFCU $500; BCP $6000; Wells Fargo reward $10k; Line of credit $10k ; Discover IT $7500; BML$1000; Citi TYP $5000; Chase Freedom $4000
Message 3 of 25
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

+1 on may pull both EX and EQ.

last month i applied for TYP and Diamond within minutes of each other. i got a pull on both EX and EQ. not sure which card pulled which cr though.

Message 4 of 25
robbulous
Regular Contributor

That sounds consistant with what I'm seeing. The Best Buy Citi card seems to pull EQ, other Citi cards pull EX or EQ.

Not sure if I want to risk them pulling EX (and probably denying me due to 10 INQ's on there.)

NPSL.................$30,000............$28,000.............$20,500............$28,000............$80,000............$19,000............$21,300..............$20,500
Current FICO Score Across All 3: 770+..... GOAL: 800+ Current Utilization: 5%....... Infiniti Financial Auto Loan at 1.9%
Message 5 of 25
rockinn8
Contributor

I live in AZ, they pulled TU for me

Starting Score: EQ FICO 673 TU FAKO 641
Current Score: EQ FICO 740, EX FICO 748, TU FICO 722 (Discover)
Goal Score: All 730+ FICOs

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 25
Plasticard
New Contributor

@robbulous wrote:

That sounds consistant with what I'm seeing. The Best Buy Citi card seems to pull EQ, other Citi cards pull EX or EQ.

Not sure if I want to risk them pulling EX (and probably denying me due to 10 INQ's on there.)

Well I guess depending on how old your other cards are, with your score and INQ's, approval shouldn't be too big of a problem. I apped for their TYP in December, with 9 Inqs(though only 3 were under a year old) and got an instant approval. They pulled Ex for me as well.

Message 7 of 25
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@robbulous wrote:

Hello all!

I'm thinking about app'ing for the CITI Thank You card, and am wondering what credit report they will typically pull?

I have way more INQ's on my Experian report, but it's my understanding that they pull EQ a lot too?

I live in Texas and any advice would be helpful!

Thanks!

According to the credit pulls database from the site of which we may not speak, it would appear that inquiries were about evenly split between EQ and EX.  As a sidebar to that, the Thank You Preferred card seemed to pull more EX, while the standard Thank You appeared to pull more EQ. 

Message 8 of 25
amakol
Regular Contributor

I live in CT. EQ and EX. Wish it was just EQ as no one pulls that for me

EQ 740 FICO, 4 INQ | EX 736 FICO, 5 INQ | TU 745 FICO, 5 INQ | CL $175K | AAOA 4 Years
Message 9 of 25
robbulous
Regular Contributor

Quick update:

I app'd for the Preferred Thank You card and was denied. I called to recon and they examined my report and said I couldn't be approved due to INQ. I have about 10 on Experian, and that's who they pulled unfortunately. I asked if they could recon using EQ and she said they could only use what the system automatically pulls.

Guess it's to the garden for me for 6mo-1yr!

Thanks for the info guys.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.