cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI Thank You credit card app - which report pulled?

tag
RnJ
Contributor

Re: CITI Thank You credit card app - which report pulled?

Darn, sorry to hear that.  Are any of your INQ's scheduled to fall off this year?  If perhaps 2 or 3 do, maybe wait until they do, and try again? (that is, if you really want the card)

Message 11 of 25
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@RnJ wrote:

Darn, sorry to hear that.  Are any of your INQ's scheduled to fall off this year?  If perhaps 2 or 3 do, maybe wait until they do, and try again? (that is, if you really want the card)

+1.  But, looking at the rest of your cards, why DO you want this one?  It's a pretty unexciting card whose only good feature is mainly already covered by your other cards.

Message 12 of 25
robbulous
Regular Contributor

I just wanted to have a prime card with each of the major lenders. You're right that I don't need it and the benefits aren't as good as my other cards.

NPSL.................$30,000............$28,000.............$20,500............$28,000............$80,000............$19,000............$21,300..............$20,500
Current FICO Score Across All 3: 770+..... GOAL: 800+ Current Utilization: 5%....... Infiniti Financial Auto Loan at 1.9%
Message 13 of 25
RnJ
Contributor

You have a great lineup of cards right now, and some really nice limits.  I would suggest asking for CLI's on them when the time is right (after usuage, keeping your util low, etc) and enjoying the cards you have.  Sometimes, just nurturing the cards you do have is all that is necessary.  Each time you get a new CLI, you might want the Citi card less and less!  Otherwise, play the waiting game, play your CLI's right and when some of those INQs fall off, if you still want a Citi card, then apply.  By then, you'll have additional "working the cards" experience and higher score and have played the game well to get a (hopefully) high limit with the card you want from Citi.

Message 14 of 25
robbulous
Regular Contributor

UPDATED! CITI Thank You credit card app - which report pulled?

Good advice RNJ.

I have an update to this thread though! After being denied initially and upon recon, I decided to write a letter to the executive office addressed to the president of Citi.

It basically explained my INQ's and explained how I really wanted to establish a good relationship with their bank. I mailed it off, and it's been a little over a week. Today I got a letter from the address I mailed it to with approval paperwork saying I had been approved and my CL is $5500.

I don't believe in wasting hard pulls! Smiley Very Happy *happy dance*

Does anyone know if the Citi Thank You Preffered comes in Visa Signature at all? Will I qualify for that having an initial $5500 limit?

NPSL.................$30,000............$28,000.............$20,500............$28,000............$80,000............$19,000............$21,300..............$20,500
Current FICO Score Across All 3: 770+..... GOAL: 800+ Current Utilization: 5%....... Infiniti Financial Auto Loan at 1.9%
Message 15 of 25
RnJ
Contributor

Re: UPDATED! CITI Thank You credit card app - which report pulled?

Wow, you did good!!

I'm not sure about the visa signature, I thought they were moving to World Mastercard for this card, maybe others can chime in with theirs.   You can try for a CLI in 6 months, and at that time, if the increase is high, you could see if they could offer the World Elite - but I'm not sure if the TYP is one of their World Mastercard Elite cards, (such as their airline and mileage cards) - They have recently added SP luv buttons on accounts that qualify, but be careful, read the wording carefully for terms such as "without a credit pull" vs "we will review your credit history/report" - they are certainly not putting this on all accounts at this time - when the time is right for you, choose wisely.

Congratulations on your new card, another nice limit to add to your lineup!

Message 16 of 25
robbulous
Regular Contributor

Thanks RNJ! The magic of the executive office comes through again!

Edit: The website still shows it as a VISA. I think they used to be Mastercards but changed recently?

The Premier card is advertised as a VISA Signature, but it carries an annual fee. So I'd equate it to more of a CSP competitor. Smiley Sad

Message 17 of 25
RnJ
Contributor

Yes, the promotional pages still list as Visa, but YYMV.  Do you remember your application page?  There was a graphic of the card (visa or mastercard) with a checkmark next to it that you would check before submitting the app.  Mine only had the option for Mastercard.  Which is what I wanted anyway.

Personally, I think the visa sigs are over-rated.  Unless of course, you can actually benefit greatly on a regular basis from those services.  I have two or three, but have no need for the perks. I suppose just when I say that, I'll have a reason, LOL.

Message 18 of 25
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats to your new card and successful recon Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 25
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

The magic of the executive office comes through again!

Ah Yes! Magic!

Good thread OP and thanks for sharing. Does anyone have any results if Citi will consider or not allowing a second app within days by using an initial HP approval?

Curious because am determined on another CC product of theirs but would relent if they require another HP.
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.