Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Application Odds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP Application Odds

Hi guys,

My situation is a little bit awkward rn. My CSP (12k limit) was closed by Chase less than a month due to "short credit history" and "cannot be reopened"

My credit scores are 757 TU and  754 Equifax, four year credit depth but 1 year 11 months for average account age. Good payment history and credit card utilization but lack of number of accounts/loans etc.

I applied two AMEX in May and August and my CSP was closed in June so I am wondering what is the chance of me getting approved by CSP again?

Thanks

----------------------Update----------------------

I think I got blacklisted by Chase (yeah I only had that CSP for less than a month). I applied to CSP last night and got rejection when I called reconsideeration department. The guy told me the reason of denial is "previous unsatisfactory relationship with the bank". I guess big corp can do what ever they want to costumers. I am gonna stick to AMEX then. 

In June, I was traveling in Washingtong and Oregon and made regular purchases for food, gas etc. I did try to pay for a visa fee (foreigen currency) and a relatively large purchase. I got declined on both attempts so I called Chase, they just asked me random credit questions for like an hour then told me that my card would be under financial review. I got pretty mad and argued with the assistant (the guy I kept talking to was probably the third or fourth person I got connected to). I just don't know it was pure credit problem or that assistant got personal and he wrote **bleep**ty notes about me (I was aggressive but I didn't say anything inappropriate).

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP Application Odds

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys,

My situation is a little bit awkward rn. My CSP (12k limit) was closed by Chase less than a month due to "short credit history" and "cannot be reopened"

My credit scores are 757 TU and  754 Equifax, four year credit depth but 1 year 11 months for average account length. Good payment history and credit card utilization but lack of number of accounts/loans etc.

I applied two AMEX in May and August and my CSP was closed in June so I am wondering what is the chance of me getting approved by CSP again?

Thanks

They closed your account in less than a month after approving you? For the reason of a short credit history?

Why would you want to go back to them? I would'nt. That would piss me off.

Your call.

To answer your question, I would wait a year from the time they closed your accout.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I apply to CSP a few weeks after I got my SSN (international student) although I have a BOA cash reward for almost four years and AMEX for 2 years. I guess just by the time they "fraud reviewed" me, they don't find all the accounts across the Bureau.

I called reconsideration to ask them to check my TU report (it was up to date) but I guess they pulled other agencies again.

Yeah it did piss me off.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand why your account would be closed for "short credit history" when it was opened under the same terms a month earlier, theoretically with 1 month less credit history.  Seems like a BS reason to me.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a common complaint with Chase in the past year or two, and it seems to target internationals in the few data points I've read.

Did you max out your card a bunch the month it was open and make a lot of huge payments?

This is the only thread that is an allowed link that has a similar story to yours: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Chase-closed-all-my-cards-when-can-I-reappl...

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nah I spend less than 1k in total a month on multiple cards and  I even like pay before the statement comes out lmao. Actually I applied to CSP again last night and got immediate rejection after I called them. I will update my situation in the post.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

When your SSN is newer than your oldest accounts it definitely can raise some red flags.

Chase likes to see at least one year of solid credit history and since your SSN is new and the other cards are old, who knows how they measure it!

I'd say focus elsewhere for 1-2 years, maybe get another card or two from prime banks that are useful for you and then see if Chase lets you back in.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah most likely. I shouldn't have applied to CSP that soon, that was on me.

Thanks!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

yeah most likely. I shouldn't have applied to CSP that soon, that was on me.

Thanks!

I suggested waiting a year... I was being polite, I didn't want to say you will be declined.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh not all. I meant I shouldn't apply to CSP right after I got my SSN. Probably should start with freedom

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.